Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Locker

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
Staffordshire, UK
For the past week now I've had big problems accessing the iTunes store. When I click on iTunes store in iTunes it simply says "Accessing iTunes Store" but nothing ever comes up! I left it on all night last night and it was still the same in the morning. This is what I mean:

2_Picture_1.png

The odd thing is, searches for songs still work and I've even purchased a couple of songs since the problem started. I can also browse any page apart from the main iTunes store page. For example, iTunes essentials loads fine. It just wont let me on to the main page!

Not only this, but the direct link to my newly added podcast works fine on my friends computer, but with me, the page keeps saying it's loading in Safari but doesn't affect iTunes at all.

I'm running 10.5.1 and I've tried re-starting and flushing the DNS cache. Any other ideas?

Locker

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
Staffordshire, UK
Sorry to bump but... anyone? The progress bar now appears and grows right up to just before being fully complete. Then stops. I left it for hours and it just stops. It's really getting annoying and I can't find any way of fixing it :confused:

Susky

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2008
Near Harrisburg, PA
Hi...did you ever find a resolution for this? I'm experiencing a very similar condition. I think I've seen a few others with the issue, but I have seen absolutely no way to fix it.

vmiamo

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2008
I had the same problem for a week. I tried repairing the Keychain Access with the Keychain First Aid, but it did not resolve the problem.

In my case it was a proxy thing. I use my MBP at work, where they have proxy settings. So the fix was easy. In the Network Settings I duplicated my location and labeled it 'work'. In my default location called 'automatic' I removed the proxy settings placed by the IT guys at work.

Now I can access the iTunes Store with no problem.

Hope this helps.

Susky

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2008
Near Harrisburg, PA
Wow...I finally looked into this, and I think you hit the nail on the head, vmiamo. I checked my network settings, and it looks like my proxy settings were all set normally, but the "look for automatic configuration script" setting was turned on. I'm betting that on the few times I brought the MBP into work, this setting was changed to pick up the proxy configs for the company intranet. It had no bearing on web browsers, but it seems to have confused iTunes pretty well.

My immediate checks with iTunes looked good. I'll have to keep long term tabs on the thing to make sure it really works...but I'm feeling pretty good about it.

Thanks!

joolie

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2008
Same problem - can you guide me to proxies?

I found proxies in the Network settings, but I can't seem to do the fix. Can anyone offer more specific help or a bit of a walk through? This is driving me a little nuts. I already checked the keychain access and reloaded itunes. Still can't access the itunes store. I'm trying to make some CDs and wanted to upgrade some tracks to itunes plus, but I can't do it without the store!

macnkath

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2008
Thank You!!!!

This was driving me nuts -- thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction....

was the same issue -- had changed proxies setting for access at work --

Now back in action!
:p

matacandelo

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2008
I have the same problem!

Can anyone please help me?
I have a MacBook 13' with Leopard X 10.5.4

When I open the iTunes Store it says Accessing iTunes Store and stays like that for a while and then it says it can't access because there is a connection problem :-S
Please how can I fix this problem?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.