Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Oct 17, 2003, 12:35 AM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

iTunes 4.1: What's New

Category: Tips and How To's
Link: iTunes 4.1: What's New

Posted on MacBytes.com

Approved by arn
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Oct 17, 2003, 12:52 AM   #2
mac15
macrumors 68040

I like burning large playlists now, putting songs on more than one CD is a great option. this is the most handy thing I've found in this version
mac15 is offline   0
Old Oct 17, 2003, 01:43 AM   #3
Doctor Q
Administrator

I'm not surprised that the new feature list is not much more than the necessities for what they announced today: Windows support, audio books, and voice recordings from the iPod. (Playlist overflow and drag and drop for iTunes Music Store pages are the only other new features.)

I think this shows that Apple had a very focused project: port the Mac version to Windows basically "as is". And that makes sense since the most important question was not how many bells and whistles they could add, but how soon they could get their product out, before the competition could heat up enough to stop Apple's momentum.
Old Oct 17, 2003, 09:10 AM   #4
mainstreetmark
macrumors 68020

The only new feature I was hoping for that's absent is a way to 'drill down' in your own library, much like the iTMS does.

When I'm randomly listening to some playlist and a song comes on, I often go, "Yeah, I think I want to listen to the Toadies now". So, I've been switching to the library and finding the artist in the browser. I'd much prefer being able to click an arrow next to "The Toadies" and have the thing shoot over to the library with the Toadies selected.

Exactly like iTMS does.
mainstreetmark is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion