Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EmptyPockets

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
Since there is no MMS messaging I would like to get the most out of email.

Is it possible to include more then one picture in emails? I've looked around but it doesn't look like you can. I want to be sure.

Thanks,

Dre

Roy Hobbs

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005

Is it possible to include more then one picture in emails? I've looked around but it doesn't look like you can. I want to be sure.

Thanks,

Dre

Nope, it isn't possible

ela

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2008
yes you can email multiple photos

I found that if you want to email multiple photos from iphoto you just have to drag the mouse?cursor to highlight all the photos and then select email and all the highlighted photos will appear in a new email page. You can find the instructions here;

http://www.apple.com/findouthow/photos/:)

design-is

macrumors 65816
Oct 17, 2007
London / U.K.
I found that if you want to email multiple photos from iphoto you just have to drag the mouse?cursor to highlight all the photos and then select email and all the highlighted photos will appear in a new email page. You can find the instructions here;

http://www.apple.com/findouthow/photos/:)

That's on a mac computer, he wanted to know about on the iPhone.

And as Roy Hobbs said... Nope, it isn't possible.

NeoMayhem

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2003

Thanks,

Dre

Actually, you can get MMS now if you jailbreak your phone.

Bipit

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2007
actually with iPhone OS 3.0 when you are browsing your photos just hit the little send icon (bottom left looks like a rectangle with a little arrow coming out of it). then click on the pictures you want to send, copy them and then go to an email and paste them into the body

Drewsky87

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2008
MD
actually with iPhone OS 3.0 when you are browsing your photos just hit the little send icon (bottom left looks like a rectangle with a little arrow coming out of it). then click on the pictures you want to send, copy them and then go to an email and paste them into the body

Way to bump a 3.5 month old thread lol. By the way, it maxes out at 5 pictures when you want to share them. You can however get around that by doing what you said (copy/paste them).

gber

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2009
Yes, you can send and share multiple photos in e-mail from the iPhone.
Go to your Camera roll. Select the roll you want.
Tap Share icon (bottom left)
Tap each photo you want to send via e-mail ( you should get a red check mark in each photo>>>Share count will increase to the number of photos selected).
Tap "Share Icon" again
A pop up "e-mail" message will appear
All the photos you selected will appear in your e-mail message to send.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Way to bump a 3.5 month old thread lol. By the way, it maxes out at 5 pictures when you want to share them. You can however get around that by doing what you said (copy/paste them).

Since there's no way to stop new members from bumping this thread endlessly, and they're not reading the replies before they post anyways... :p

I will note that multiple picture e-mails in conjunction with the uploader e-mail addresses from Photobucket and the like (register the e-mail account with Photobucket, and then images can be e-mailed to a special e-mail address and get automatically posted in Photobucket) works very, very nicely. It takes just seconds to grab four or five pictures and put them up for linking in posts and so on. It's so much easier than it was in 2.2. :)

Ding.Dong

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2008
Los Angeles
I will note that multiple picture e-mails in conjunction with the uploader e-mail addresses from Photobucket and the like (register the e-mail account with Photobucket, and then images can be e-mailed to a special e-mail address and get automatically posted in Photobucket) works very, very nicely. It takes just seconds to grab four or five pictures and put them up for linking in posts and so on. It's so much easier than it was in 2.2. :)

You can also use copy and paste to put pictures in replies and forwards of emails, which is something you couldn't do in previous versions.

patent10021

macrumors 68040
Apr 23, 2004
looks like I bumped it again after a year ;)

If it wasn't for the previous guy who bumped it I wouldn't have found this thread so props for bumping.

See...bumping PAYS.

Kid Red

macrumors 65816
Dec 14, 2001
Tap each photo you want to send via e-mail ( you should get a red check mark in each photo>>>Share count will increase to the number of photos selected).
Tap "Share Icon" again

Thanks.

edk99

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2009
FL
Tap "Share Icon" again
Not sure if that is how it worked in ios3 but in ios4 after you select your photos selecting "share" only gives the option to MMS. You need to select "Copy" instead then open up email and paste the photos into the email.

Helevitia

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2011
Not sure if that is how it worked in ios3 but in ios4 after you select your photos selecting "share" only gives the option to MMS. You need to select "Copy" instead then open up email and paste the photos into the email.

I was helping a buddy with this and found this thread. The above quote is incorrect. The email option will still be there if you select no more than 5 pictures. The email option disappears after selecting the 6th picture. Hope this helps someone :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.