Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
I really hope they made it 100% instead of all their other games which have crap framerate and bugs galore. And god help them if the controls aren't tightened up...

FadeToBlack

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2005
Accoville, WV
The GTA games have been some of my favorite games since the first one on the PS1, but I didn't get heavily into them until GTA III. Beat III to 98%, Vice City to 100%, and San Andreas to 85% or so. I'm PS2-less at the moment, but I may get one sometime down the road just to play those. Love 'em!

I am very excited about the release of GTA IV. The trailers make it look great and I love the idea of re-visiting a more lifelike version of Liberty City. That's what I was hoping they would do before they even announced it.

As sikkinixx said, I do hope they polish it up a bit more than the previous releases, as they didn't run that great. Lots of pop-up and stutters at times. Wasn't TOO bad, but it was noticeable. I'd just like to see it turn out a bit more polished.

I'd rather see 'em delay it again than release a shoddy, thrown together game.

anim8or

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2006
Scotland, UK
A friend of mine is testing GTAIV here in edinburgh, he says that the hold up has been the PS3 version and that the XBOX360 version was pretty much ready two or three months ago.

I would anticipate that there may be a delay if the PS3 version continues to cause bother....

..on that note the multiplayer is out of this world!

MIDI_EVIL

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2006
UK
A friend of mine is testing GTAIV here in edinburgh, he says that the hold up has been the PS3 version and that the XBOX360 version was pretty much ready two or three months ago.

I would anticipate that there may be a delay if the PS3 version continues to cause bother....

Could you elaborate on why the PS3 was the hold up?

Chone

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2006

Wait I thought this was the other way around (xbox360's lack of standard drive and dvd were holding the production back):confused: and this came from the makers of GTA IV, not a random user whose random friend "is testing" GTA IV.

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Wait I thought this was the other way around (xbox360's lack of standard drive and dvd were holding the production back):confused: and this came from the makers of GTA IV, not a random user whose random friend "is testing" GTA IV.

You are correct, however you know how it goes with those "friends" that people seem to have.

Ed

MIDI_EVIL

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2006
UK

+1

I do see this being released as planned on April 29th. I would say both platforms are completed now, and the next few months will be preparation for release/advertising/press.

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
Hilary from IGN says it's lookin a hell of a lot better than it was before. More polished and such. Framerate still isn't always at at least 30 though (ugh) so maybe it's gettin close to being ready for real? I still have my doubts but its also unlikely they would officially announce a date if they weren't sure it would be done.

beardboy

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2007
Bath
It is being released on 29th.

I've had an email this morning saying my order has been dispatched ready for delivery on release day.

I've got a PS3 and Xbox 360, but opted to get it on 360 due to the exclusive downloadable content.

:)

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
360 version exclusively has DLC (apparently 10 hours long too), custom soundtracks, larger install base=more people to play against and rumble as standard. Some folk like achievements for throwing in some extra hours gameplay.

PS3 version doesn't have the RRoD.

Since there has been no PC version announced I'm just going to get it for 360.

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
If were going by pre-orders(which we can only go by now) the PS3 is leaving the xbox360 behind....I don't know if its because the game has been recognized as a Sony associated game or the GTA bundled in the Europe/Aus but as it stands now the PS3 has a leg up.

I've read the difference between the two version is slight.....the PS3 with softer "warmer" colors & the 360 with vibrant colors...I'll go with the PS3 version because of the DS3.

It should be interesting watching how this pans out....win win situation for R* but T2 is in trouble....the Beast that is EA is not giving up.

Bless

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Am I the only one who really doesn't much care about the GTA series?

Nah i'm not that bothered tbh either.

oh and from that definitive 'review' posted earlier in regards to formats

This review is based on early previews of the game. It may or may not reflect the final retail version, available 4/29/08.

Nuff said

pcypert

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2006
Bangkok
From the history of many curent releases I'd have to expect some bugginess and general oddness of some sort for the PS3 release... later dealt with in a patch. Maybe they'll surprise us here as it's a high profile release and they can't risk another one... but I'd count on something not working right: online, graphics, etc. Just keeps happening, at least according to these forums.

In the end though I don't care at all. I've got a 360 so I'll play it on that. Won't get the extra content because all I care about is goofing around in town...jumping up stuff with a motorcycle and getting into fights. Rarely play the campaigns in these games...

Paul

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.