Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aproudlove

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
Hi,
Could someone who already has Office 2008 please tell me if Entourage is able to open .msg files from outlook?

The previous versions of office for the mac were not able to cope with this format so I would really like to know if this has changed.

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Cheers,

Andrew

mmo70

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2008
I have tried this in Entourage 2008- No Cigar :(

I have tried Entourage 2008 - It again attaches the .msg file into a new email.
When you try to open this - it will prompt for a program to open this with - Word 2004 - 2008 for Mac work to display the original email text- however the original email cannot be extracted.

I have searched high and low for a solution for this- all solutions are windows system based.

The best option seems to be to use Parallells Desktop on the Mac, load XP or Vista and Outlook and use the drag and drop feature to move attachments to the Mac.
If you have any additional info on where to find a msg viewer for Mac - that would be appreciated.:rolleyes:

santorius

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2011
The solution is named "Klammer", and is distributed via AppStore. Opens .MSG and winmail.dat files.
I hope it helps someone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.