Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

msmorrissey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
Hi, wondering if the fact I bought my iTouch in U.S. a reason why it will not show moives on TV with Av cables? In Ireland.
steve

tefleming

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2006
ATL
The newer ipods (3g nano, classic, and touch) have to use a special newer cable that connects through the dock connector.

It's running about $50. I was :mad: when I found out...

beeh

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
Yeah, I bought the AV cables that connect through the dock for $50. It comes with an AC ( wall ) adapter that any dock cable ( USB ) can plug into to charge the iPod Touch. It all works well and is worth the money if you need those features. You get AV cables, and extra dock cable and the AC adapter. The same purchase for any cell phone would be more than $50, from my experience.

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2005
Yeah, I bought the AV cables that connect through the dock for $50. It comes with an AC ( wall ) adapter that any dock cable ( USB ) can plug into to charge the iPod Touch. It all works well and is worth the money if you need those features. You get AV cables, and extra dock cable and the AC adapter. The same purchase for any cell phone would be more than $50, from my experience.

Hey, have you upgraded to 1.1.3 yet? If you have, then try playing a video to your TV and see if it skips or stutters every 15 seconds or so.

beeh

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
I have upgraded to 1.1.3, the day it was available. I've watched a couple shows on the TV using the AV cables and they are fine, no skips or stutters.

Watching via a small LCD TV, not a tube TV, haven't watched it on a tube TV yet, don't know if that makes a difference or not?

abubnic

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2008
ITouch Use with the television

I am a K-12 Educator. We gave classroom teachers the ITouch for a workshop we teach called "ITouch History," which teaches them how to use primary resources in the classroom. We also gave them the AV cables so they could make PowerPoint or keynote presentations on their desktop, sync them to the ITouch and play them on a classroom TV. Worked great!!!

You can find out more about the cables by going to:

IPOD/IPHONE Video Out
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1454?viewlocale=en_US

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/Apple_Component_AV_Cable.pdf

- Anne

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.