Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mitchellh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
Hi,

Is there any application out there like ArtMoney but for Mac?

Thanks
Mitchell

samh004

macrumors 68020
Mar 1, 2004
Australia
If you were going to use a mac, then you could dual-boot or virtualise windows and that would be a much better option for running any games, thus you would still be able to use ArtMoney.

mitchellh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
If you were going to use a mac, then you could dual-boot or virtualise windows and that would be a much better option for running any games, thus you would still be able to use ArtMoney.

Heh, I do dual boot. I'm actually a software engineer hoping to do some memory editing for a game cheater. I've been using DTrace to read a program's memory fine (not sure how to do it in an application quite yet, this was much easier to do on windows ;)) but I was just curious if there was such an app...

yeroen

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Heh, I do dual boot. I'm actually a software engineer hoping to do some memory editing for a game cheater. I've been using DTrace to read a program's memory fine (not sure how to do it in an application quite yet, this was much easier to do on windows ;)) but I was just curious if there was such an app...

Well, it isn't as single-purpose slick as ArtMoney, but you may be able to pull of the same stunt with some more work using DDD (you'll need X-Windows installed).

sword

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2007
Hey, there are a few things out for Mac right now.

The Cheat is the best memory editing / game hacking tool out there for Mac (that I know of) at the moment. Here is a link to the program as well as source:

http://brokenzipper.com/software/

Not too long ago I wrote a simple memory accessing template as an XCode project. Its using the read and write functions from The Cheat, but you could pretty easily write your own. More or less your using the vm_write and vm_read_overwrite functions that are defined in the mach header files mach/vm_map.h or mach/vm_region.h.

Here's a quick upload of the memory accessing template:

http://www.savefile.com/files/1344872

Read through the readme, if your on an Intel based mac then you will need to run a command through terminal to set the kernel's vm protection to allow reading / writing to memory.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.