Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Jan 25, 2008, 03:39 PM   #1
trunkster
macrumors member

YouTube Videos

I don't own an Apple TV but I do have an iPhone. I've been looking at how the quality of YouTube videos are better on the iPhone due to the use of the h.264 codec. Using Privoxy, I have been able to download the videos the iPhone fetches from google's servers. It uses a secureurl so finding any pattern to download videos without the iPhone is nearly impossible. The videos are better quality but I believe the Apple TV gets it's videos from an even higher quality source.

So the question is, has anyone been able to intercept the urls from their Apple TV when fetching YouTube videos? I understand that the Apple TV does not have proxy support so it may be harder to do.
trunkster is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2008, 08:40 AM   #2
Chris Blount
macrumors 68000

I don't know the URL but the YouTube videos on the AppleTV look fantastic and IMHO slighlty better than on a PC. I was actually surprised. The AppleTV will even fill a widescreen TV when the videos are originally produced in widescreen. Very slick.
Chris Blount is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater