Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 25, 2008, 06:02 PM   #1
senna5194
macrumors newbie

recipient name in Mac Mail - changeable?

Hi everybody,

after a nearly year-long wait, I have finally made a switch from my PC to a Mac (macbook). I am in the process of converting all my files and getting used to my new world, and had a question about the Mail app...

I have searched for an answer to this topic both here as well on general Google searches. If there are already published answers to this, feel free to redirect me.

In my address book, I may have a name for some friends, "Mike and Linda Jones" or whatever. It is that way for the sake of sending cards or invites. Trouble is, I DONT want that on the header for the recipient when sending an email. Outlook/PC used to give me an option to change the "name" listing for an email. So that while the contact record may read Mike and Linda Jones, I have one email that said "Mike Jones" and a second email that is for "Linda Jones".

Is there any way to do the same thing with Mac Mail?

Thanks!
senna5194 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store