Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > New Mac Application Announcements

Old Oct 17, 2003, 08:08 PM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

iWannaSleep - timer app to set a turn-off time for iTunes, S...

Category: 3rd Party Software
Link: iWannaSleep - timer app to set a turn-off time for iTunes, Sleep, Shutdown, or other AppleScripts

Posted on MacBytes.com

Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Oct 18, 2003, 05:14 PM   #2
crazytom
macrumors 6502a

Very nice!

I needed something like this. I play music for my son when he goes to sleep, now I don't have to risk waking him up to turn iTunes off!

I also found EscapePod...a nifty little kill sequence for apps...now I can give my hung apps the three finger salute!!! Here's the link.
crazytom is offline   0
Old Oct 20, 2003, 04:54 PM   #3
adamcoop
macrumors regular

You know you can do this with either Cron, or more recently, iCal. The only other thing that you need is two AppleScripts - one to stop iTunes, one to start it. In iCal, set a recurring event, and set 'open file' as your alarm, opening the appropriate AppleScript.

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > New Mac Application Announcements