Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MichelB

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
I have a Word document (Business Plan with lots of tables and pictures) that i have lots of problems saving as one PDF file as it has multiple sections. I was wondering if «Pages» could integrate this Word document effectively and would I be able to save it as one PDF file. If so I will buy iwork right away.

Thanks very much for your help.

MichelB;)

eddietr

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2006
Virginia
I sometimes have subtle problems with really complicated Word docs when I import them into Pages.

So for a business plan, you might be better off just printing to PDF as Eraserhead suggested..

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
I have a Word document (Business Plan with lots of tables and pictures) that i have lots of problems saving as one PDF file as it has multiple sections. I was wondering if «Pages» could integrate this Word document effectively and would I be able to save it as one PDF file. If so I will buy iwork right away.

MichelB;)

Well I can't be one hundred percent sure if it will export as one PDF, because I don't know what your word file looks like, or why in word it doesn't export correctly. But every time I use Pages and export a PDF, it looks the exact same as it did in Pages.

dtyson

macrumors member
Jan 20, 2008
In Leopard (I can't remember if Tiger did it or not) if you have multiple PDF documents, you can just open them, show the sidebar in Preview, and just start dragging pages around in the sidebar (or into the sidebar of another file) the order you want them, between files, within one file, how ever you want. Then just save the newly arranged/constructed PDF.

But I agree that printing as a PDF would be your best bet with the least amount of "work".

Macula

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2006
All over the place

MichelB;)

Try making a script using Automator, which is built into Mac OS. I don't know if this is feasible, but I would certainly give it a try. Perhaps a sequence such as this: Open PDF-->Export PDF to PNG-->Paste logo on top of PDF.

Again, I don't know if this is possible.

lepere

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2011
Converting a Pages doc to PDF on a PC in 2 seconds flat!

I found this trick posted on another website as I was scrambling to convert a document I created on my Mac at home using iWork Pages to a PDF from my PC at work.

On your PC change the file extension from ".pages" to ".zip". Then open it. You will find that there is a .PDF of your file in the Preview folder.

Easy as pie!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.