Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cowm007

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 2, 2005
I've noticed that when I try to rewind videos, the  TV becomes kinda sluggish. Anyone else have this problem?

cowm007

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 2, 2005
Are you streaming or syncing?

Holding down the left arrow, or clicking it?
At first I thought it was cuz of streaming, so I loaded up a few videos on the  TV and tried again. I have chapter markers in my videos so I'm pretty sure I'm clicking and holding as just clicking changes chapters. If I fast-forward (hold down the button), it acts fine. However if I try to rewind doing the same, it hiccups a bit and takes a while to react.

I've also noticed if I try to advance more than a few chapters at a time, it also takes a little bit of time to start playing again, so it must be some performance issue as the device is trying to load the video information.

Maybe it caches the video a bit but only in the forward direction?

FreeState

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2004
San Diego, CA
According to AppleInsders review from the MacWorld display:

http://www.appleinsider.com/article...itunes_movie_rentals_photos_video.html&page=1

Playback controls are also significantly enhanced. In AppleInsider's earlier reviews of Apple TV, Some time spent with Apple TV -- an in-depth review, we counted its touchy remote playback control as an annoying flaw. Based on limited testing on the show floor, it appears the software update will dramatically improve things in that regard.

Pausing playback with the simple IR Apple Remote was instantaneous, and fast forward or review responded quickly and accurately, rather than suffering the current delays that make it difficult to review or skip through content without unintentionally overshooting the target. When playing a movie, the playback indicator now displays the chapter title, another nice bonus.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.