Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gotohamish

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 15, 2001
BKLN
Hi

I forgot to post these last month, and I just found them again and thought you'd all like to see them. I'm sure they're familiar to some, and I don't remember them being posted earlier, so my apologies if they were.

They are situated at the corner of Prince and Broadway, NYC. I think they're really fun, especially in the city where you see white headphones every few minutes.

Cheers
Hamish

Stike

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2002
Germany
OMG what a great advertisment... this is why Apple is style. Noone would like to see a Dell sign illustrated in that way!

ColoJohnBoy

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2003
Denver, Colorado
Okay, that's just cool. I hope they do stuff like that in Paris and London, whenever they open stores there. I wish they could do that here in Denver, but alas, our light rail system doesn't have any ad space like that. >:O

oldschool

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2003
My first time in New York, was during the BLACKOUT. What a great city though, those pictures just make me want to go back.

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2002
downtown
"iPod Central" hah, that's so great.

I'm amazed at the fact that all these years apple has been making better software, in turn better computers, but could never sell the masses on it. Now, a little music player and its software is going to provide the experience/motivation that so many PC users needed to actually switch... and I don't think that was ever the plan.

A well placed holiday switch campaign would be great, get ibook sales up... all thanks to our dear ipod.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
that's actually damn good, and its too bad that there isn't an Apple store in downtown DC (should be, but the 10% sales tax probably nixed that) - they could do the same thing with the metro here...;)

D

bennetsaysargh

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2003
New York
it probably would.
i have seen the prince and green one in person. actually got off and walked from there, but i haven't seen the iPod central one.

zamyatin

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2003
NYC
Many Visits

Been to that particular station many times - almost always with the SoHo Apple Store as my destination!

Would love to be in NYC right now; I could use the cooler weather and cleaner air!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.