Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

elec999

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 25, 2007
I made 100% its not set on vibrate, when something calls me it wont make the ring noise, I change the ringer and still nothing. I tried setting the vibrate on, and vibrate works, but doesnt want to ring.
Thanks

elec999

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 25, 2007
Yes It Can, I also tried that and It works. But I will wont ring.
Thanks

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
While on the home screen try changing the volume. If the indicator is at the top then open up settings->sounds. Adjust the volume there. Also select ringtones, if you used iToner, the ringtones will not play unless they are AAC (.m4a) files that have been changed to the .m4r extension. They will load and look valid, but no sound will be played.

TEG

nickspohn

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2007
A restore in iTunes should fix this problem. Just plug in your iPhone, and the option will be in the main iphone page. Good luck.

elec999

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 25, 2007
I spend HOURS and HOURS sweating thinking my Iphone was bricked. There is a bug in the 1.1.3 firmware related to the ringing. Later after hours of sweating and being stressed I restore the Iphone to 1.1.1 and seems fine now. Will try 1.1.3 when it gets better.
Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.