Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blaklaybul

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
New York City
Is there a plugin for quicklook that will allow me to see .docx files in the finder?

It is frustrating that I am unable to do so.

darthmullet

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2006
I am able to do so just fine, and with coverflow as well. (Latest 10.5, MacBook Pro Core Duo)

Either a plugin was installed when I installed 2008, or it is built in. Either way I think you may have a problem.

Maybe attach a .docx that won't work for you in quickview to this thread and we can see what the deal is...

darthmullet

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2006
I am missing the office.qlgenerator plugin in System/Library/Quicklook

can someone attach it?

Here it is. Wouldn't reinstalling office make sure you don't encounter any more problems in the future, though?

Attachments

• Office.qlgenerator.zip
    29.4 KB · Views: 2,501

blaklaybul

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
New York City
hey thanks....

I've noticed that if I save the file with the .docx extension, I can view it in quicklook. However, without the .docx I just see an icon

downingp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2006
Is anybody able to see powerpoint presentations in quick look or get a preview icon when saved in powerpoint 2008?

pollythemac

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2011
Image in front of text in word

I have problems viewing documents that contain images. In the preview the image (in this case a background that lies behind all of the text) shows the image as being in front of the text, and therefore I am unable to see any of the text. I have found that choosing 'Send to Back' in the 'Arrange' settings for the image fixes the problem, but this seems very long winded and easy to forget to do. Does anybody know of a way to permanently fix this problem?

Thanks for your help!
Polly

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.