Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamin.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
So this thread can be used for all those last minute observations before we think our long awaited update will announced. Hopefully this thread will only last till Tuesday!

I'v been checking the apple.com website it is still up :(

A lot of people are starting to think the March release date will be it!

DVNIEL

Cancelled
Oct 28, 2003
Not a snowball's chance in hell...

MacBook Pro's are too prestigious for a simple random Tuesday update, especially for the type of update they are about to receive. I highly agree that there must be some small product event coming March...

Or.... the one that I believe that will really push a new MBP is the NAB 2008, April 15th (Tuesday).

Good luck.

7even

macrumors 65816
Jan 11, 2008
Better come out or I'll be angryyyyy :mad: < like that, except green and more Hulk-like ...

Seriously though, have the money ready and all. Just need the MBP itself... Really hoping that an update will come tomorrow :(

jamin.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
I really hope it isn't after Feb, I can't wait that long! I was really hoping for tomorrow, I'v been thinking about it all the time!

jamin.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
I seriously want this update for Tuesday!

When would the apple.com website close for updates?

brandon.vong

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2007
I say just freakin' update the darn MBP so I can get on with my life!!! I'm a busy college student that has too much on his plate at the current moment so the faster these updates come, the faster I can get back to doing homework and the less money I have in my pocket. Is that so much to ask?

jeff110

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2007
I say just freakin' update the darn MBP so I can get on with my life!!! I'm a busy college student that has too much on his plate at the current moment so the faster these updates come, the faster I can get back to doing homework and the less money I have in my pocket. Is that so much to ask?

i hear u. i'm in the same boat, and i'm not sure how much longer i can float. i've been waiting since august. i pray the wait will be over... soon... please.

jamin.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008

I feel your pain brother!

jamin.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
If it is going to be announced tomorrow, don't you think macrumors.com would have a bit more to give us?

7even

macrumors 65816
Jan 11, 2008
If it is going to be announced tomorrow, don't you think macrumors.com would have a bit more to give us?

Did they say much directly prior to the updated Mac Pros being released? Seemed to come out of nowhere..

EDIT: ^ beat me to it :p

djellison

macrumors 68020
Feb 2, 2007
Pasadena CA
That would invoke missing an entire Intel product cycle - and a 12 month gap between updates to MBP's ( adding an extra option is not an update ). That would be unusual and frankly, a bit stupid.

Now - the MP's went a long time without an update, but there wasn't anything to update them with until Penryn. The MBP's have a refresh of hardware ready and waiting.

Doug

jamin.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
How soon until apple normally closes down their website for updating?

mhml92

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2008
1. Welcome to MacRumors
2. Tuesday
3. Get used to Tuesday
4. PowerBook G5
5. Elevators

yeah i know tuesday but what time tuesday? when will i know that its to late and i will have to wait another week

(btw congratulations with the "join date: mar 2005")

7even

macrumors 65816
Jan 11, 2008
yeah i know tuesday but what time tuesday? when will i know that its to late and i will have to wait another week

(btw congratulations with the "join date: mar 2005")

Depends where you are located ;) When the store got updated for the pink Nano and Mac Pros, it was already up by the time I awoke. Seems like they update in the early morning, west-coast Pacific time.. Someone mentioned 5 AM PST in another thread.

jamin.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
Im In Australia, so its already Tuesday here but I have no idea what American time is atm?

Anyone else have that sick feeling that we will bet let down..YET AGAIN!

jamin.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
I just tried to access USA Apple Store, It wouldn't load :S

Sign of things to come?

TINCAN78

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2008
UK
i think its like 4am there now, so if they update at 5am it should be an hour before we know, in UK its around 1pm so another 4 hour here .....America update will be first so cross everything for it to be today

r00

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2008
It's 4am EST / 1AM PST (Where Apple is)

I doubt they would post them this early. Another 5 hours and we'll see...

jamin.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
I think what we should all do right now is:

'Accept there is going to be no update today and just move on with our lives and to stop expecting something every Tuesday'

So hard to put in practice but I think we are all going to be disappointed today and no use being positive about it being announced because then we will be even more depressed after no announcement!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.