Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

St. George

macrumors member
Original poster
May 7, 2003
England
I've just bought a new email (only) account with my .mac account for business purposes.

How do I get my mail ap to receive mails from this new account along with the old .mac emails.

I'd like to have them appear seperate (through the mail ap) if possible.

I tried adding in
preferences/accounts
but only succeeded in duplicating all my new mails - so i deleted it.

Any tips?

SG

whocares

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
:noitаɔo˩
I guess you're saying both accounts are arriving in the same 'in box". If this is the case just create two folders (one for each account) and define rules for redirecting incomming mail to these folders.

St. George

macrumors member
Original poster
May 7, 2003
England
sort of...
I've only got emails coming through on the .mac main accout at the moment - nobody knows the new email address yet. And it was emails coming through the .mac main account that were being duplicated.

regards

whocares

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
:noitаɔo˩
Originally posted by St. George
sort of...
I've only got emails coming through on the .mac main accout at the moment - nobody knows the new email address yet. And it was emails coming through the .mac main account that were being duplicated.

I'm not quite following you... are you saying you get the same message twice in Mail?

St. George

macrumors member
Original poster
May 7, 2003
England
yep

My main mail .mac account is called tepid
When I did the necessary for the extra email address in preferences, emails that came through the main account were duplicated - and none would come through to the nes account (tested from a yahoo address).

St. George

macrumors member
Original poster
May 7, 2003
England
ah ha!
Just sussed it I think
Silly me put the same Username for both accounts and messed it up.

Fixed
I think ;)

Thanks for trying to understand my ramblings!:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.