Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Jan 30, 2008, 01:09 PM   #1
Mindflux
Banned

Shared libraries and streaming with AppleTV

I haven't tried this yet, but does anyone have a shared iTunes library and their AppleTV set up to Stream (not sync) from iTunes? If so, can you select songs that are in the Shared library?

I bought an Airport Express for the sole purpose of moving my b/g devices to the Express and have it bridged to my Extreme so I can turn my Extreme into N (5GHz) only mode.

I then thought "hey, there's a perk! I can stream the music right to my receiver".. and then this morning realized I can already do this with the AppleTV, but I am unsure as to whether or not it'll stream the shared Library.

The reason I ask this is because I believe you cannot tell the AppleTV to stream from separate sources (with an option to pick between them). It's one or the other as you 'pair' the devices with a 5 digit "PIN".

Hrmm:

This document says I can stream up to 5 Libraries:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.h...m=305098#step4

That's cool. Still doesn't fix my "N" network speed issue. I guess the Express will have to do that still

Last edited by Mindflux; Jan 30, 2008 at 01:15 PM.
Mindflux is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater