Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fs454

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 7, 2007
Los Angeles / Boston
Okay so I pulled the Mac-assisted JB from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3, where the Mac uploads a patched image to the iPhone and you use Installer from there.

Something failed or something along the way and it came up with an error and hardlocked after like 10 minutes. I hardbooted it and lo and behold 1.1.3 is working like a charm with Installer enabled.

No problems whatsoever I think. The only thing is I only have a 4gb iPhone and I noticed that the "Other" section on iTunes's space meter had 650MB of space taken up.

What is this? Is this the image? How can I clear this? Before the update I had 1GB free on my phone, and after I have 520MB.

Was it supposed to delete this extra stuff before it hardlocked on me? What should i do?!

aha thanks.

EDIT! I found that upgrade cleaner, which took out 300mb from this, but I still have 373mb taken up. I noticed when I booted into 1.1.3, none of my apps were there. But when i installed iPhysics, all of my levelpacks were still intact before I redownloaded them.

What can I do to wipe this extra invisible stuff?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.