Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Jan 31, 2008, 07:43 AM   #1
PJM
macrumors newbie

New apps for iPod Touch without an iTunes account

Is it possible to get the new apps for the iPod Touch without having an iTunes account?

I am living in a country which doesnít have an iTunes on-line store, so I have not been able to create an account. What can I do?

I guess there should be a solution for this because apple has sold millions of iPod Touch worldwide. I donít think they left out those customers.
PJM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2008, 02:26 AM   #2
tiggle
macrumors member

I have exactly the same problem. I used a friend's account to get the update. I emailed Mr Jobs about it, but got no reply. If anyone else knows, please let us know.
tiggle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2008, 09:30 AM   #3
cabello
macrumors newbie

Easiest way would be to buy an Itunes gift card on Ebay- the seller will then email you the code.

You can then set up an Itunes Account without a credit card, using the code from the Itunes gift card.
cabello is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2008, 01:03 AM   #4
tiggle
macrumors member

Thanks for that. But will that mean that everytime I want to buy something I need to buy another gift token?
tiggle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2008, 02:35 PM   #5
greenday123
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to greenday123
once you have the account set up you can easily set up your credit card with it.
iPhone 4 32GB Black
greenday123 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2008, 07:42 PM   #6
asimegusta
macrumors newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to asimegusta
Unhappy Unfortunately, not so

Hi all,
Great site. I just bought an ipod touch and have been frustrated by itunes. And I was told Microsoft was a baddy.
I live abroad and would like to see my country's itunes store version and download from it. Sounds simple doesn't it. Not possible says itunes. Funny, I have been doing it at real.com and other sites, np.

So since I'm in tinbucktootooland, I'm condemned to view, choose, download only what the indigenous tootoolanders like and in their lingo.

That's because itunes only accepts to set up an account in the billing address country corresponding to the credit card you give.

So for those that are in a country without itunes locally, I'm sorry to say that they will not be able to set up an account at all because you still need a billing address in a country with itunes....catch 22.

If anybody has found a way around that, please buzz me.

Last edited by asimegusta; Dec 12, 2008 at 07:52 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes
asimegusta is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2008, 12:23 AM   #7
Sehnsucht
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJM View Post
Is it possible to get the new apps for the iPod Touch without having an iTunes account?

I am living in a country which doesnít have an iTunes on-line store, so I have not been able to create an account. What can I do?

I guess there should be a solution for this because apple has sold millions of iPod Touch worldwide. I donít think they left out those customers.
Just out of curiosity, which country?
Old Dec 14, 2008, 04:05 AM   #8
iRyann
macrumors regular

iTunes Accounts

Guys to get an iTunes account all you have to do is

1) On your computer goto iTunes
2) Try to download a free app
3) There will be an option that comes up "Sign In/Create Account"
4) Select Create Account
5) Under payment options there will be a option that says "No Charge" or words to those effects.
6) Select "No Charge" (or words to those effects and your done)

Hope this helps
Old Aug 28, 2011, 03:38 PM   #9
Cuntmuffin69
macrumors newbie

My iPod :/

Hey guys, I'm wondering how I can download free apps on my touch, but the problem is... when i type my existing account to download my first app it says, "This apple id hasn't been used in iTunes store. Tap review to sign in, then review information." Well I did that, but then it said I needed an acquired credit card or gift card.

Anybody know how to fix this?
Cuntmuffin69 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch