Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Jan 31, 2008, 11:18 AM   #1
ewulls01
macrumors newbie

Does anyone find this interesting??

Check out the specs and info on the PowerBook 2400...remind you of anything?

http://www.apple-history.com/?page=g...date&order=ASC

Description from the site:

Quietly released in the summer of 1997, The PowerBook 2400 was the first Apple sub-notebook since the Duo 2300, and was co-designed by IBM. The 2400 sacrificed a internal floppy or CD-ROM drive, but very little else. With most of the functionaltiy of larger notebooks, the 2400 weighed only 4.4 lbs. A 240 MHz version ("Mighty Cat") was released only in Japan.

I find it interesing that they pretty much recycled the idea :-)
ewulls01 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2008, 11:29 AM   #2
kyleen66
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewulls01 View Post
Check out the specs and info on the PowerBook 2400...remind you of anything?

http://www.apple-history.com/?page=g...date&order=ASC

Description from the site:

Quietly released in the summer of 1997, The PowerBook 2400 was the first Apple sub-notebook since the Duo 2300, and was co-designed by IBM. The 2400 sacrificed a internal floppy or CD-ROM drive, but very little else. With most of the functionaltiy of larger notebooks, the 2400 weighed only 4.4 lbs. A 240 MHz version ("Mighty Cat") was released only in Japan.

I find it interesing that they pretty much recycled the idea :-)
I still have my 2400c and love it to pieces. I was able to put in a G3 400 and a larger HD in it. I also have a wireless PC card too. This was, in my opinion, one of the best laptops Apple came out with. I have been waiting VERY impatiently for Apple to come out with a true sub since then.

I do find it funny that a lot of the things people are complaining about the MBA are the same arguments against the 2400c when it came out. Except the MBA has a full size keyboard and the 2400 didn't.

I do wish that Apple had put in a card slot on the MBA's. But I can see there just wasn't room.
kyleen66 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air