Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
The more the merrier! They currently sell a dozen or so other MP3 players, but no iPods. Interestingly, the only product in their "MP3 accessories" category is their "Apple iPod FireWire&USB cable".

dho

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2003
California
Never heard of crutchfield
most importantly, how much business do they take in?

good news regardless I guess:rolleyes:

MoparShaha

Contributor
May 15, 2003
San Francisco
They take in quite a bit. I have ordered from them several times, and most of my friends have as well. They're a top-notch outfit in my opinion. Glad to hear they'll be carrying the iPod.

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
Hee heee heee, yep I think it is ture:

Look at this :p:

ipod_wires.jpg

agentmouthwash

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2003
Originally posted by dho
Never heard of crutchfield
most importantly, how much business do they take in?

good news regardless I guess:rolleyes:

They are a big catalog retailer. I've gotten several things from them and they have excellent support. I think this is really good news - almost as big as Ipods being sold at target.

The next stop has to be Costo or BJs.

electric

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2002
San Francisco, CA
I heard somewhere that Crutchfield sells refurbished equipment and that is how they sell products so cheap, is it true or is it mearly a rumor? I tend not to belive it because of the volume of products they must sell but who knows.

mbnt

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2003
NYC Metro Area
You are right, Crutchfield does sell refurbished equipment (mostly returns) as well as thousands upon thousands of brand new items. I love ordering from them, and to see iPods added to their catalog is a real treat. :D

Steamboatwillie

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2003
Memphis, TN
Crutchfield = :eek:)

Crutchfield is an awesome company to do business with. If this rumor is true Apple did themselves a service by having Crutchfield represent them by selling thier products. Crutchfields customer service is by far the BEST I have ever delt with from an online store. BTW, Crutchfield, I believe, started out as a catalog mail order only company.

Good move on this one Apple! :D

Kid Red

macrumors 65816
Dec 14, 2001
Crutchfield is to electronic catalogs as best buy is to consumer electronic stores. The best about Crutchfeild is their no questions asked return policy. This is big for Apple as Crutchfield is mostly car audio and the rest is home audio. It's a great resource, no doubt.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.