Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stardotboy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 30, 2008
Manchester, UK
I'm currently on the £35/month plan on O2 (UK) which gives me 200 minutes and 200 texts per month (soon to be updated to 600 minutes and 500 texts).

So far I seem to have been able to stay within the monthly limits so I haven't incurred additional call/message charges - however I've yet to find a way to track and manage these limits effectively and was wondering what everyone else does (if anything) to this end.

I've noticed the O2 website gives 'inclusive allowance' information, but it's a bit of a pain to log in all the time and drill down to this section - often to find the data there is out of date anyway. I haven't been able to find anything on the iPhone itself that measures this except for the total (inbound and outbound) call time - which doesn't give the information needed to track just outbound call time.

Any thoughts/tips much appreciated.

sparkyms

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2007
Southampton UK
Unfortunately the only way to track it properly is through the o2 website.
I agree they should make it a lot easier for us but that's the way it goes it seems.

Log in > "View my bill" > "recent charges" > "recent charges" again from the left pane > "inclusive allowance"

If you don't follow that order you will likely come to last months allowances that you used up.

redgaz26

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2007
Glasgow
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

when we get the new tariffs in place I won't have to go through that process again. I'm always on or around the 200 mins and texts but the new tariffs are ace and I'll never go over them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.