Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xenn0X

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2008
looks to me you forgot to jailbreak the 1.1.2 after you updated to 1.1.2.

Xenn0X

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2008
Ok I have the 1.1.2 firmware. Can I install it and then do a Jailbreak?

if you did the oktoprep on 1.1.1 jailbreaked and then update to 1.1.2 it will work. you only need to get the 1.1.2 jailbreak util.
will only work if oktoprep was installed before updating to 1.1.2 with itunes.

coreanomac

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
Connecticut
if you did the oktoprep on 1.1.1 jailbreaked and then update to 1.1.2 it will work. you only need to get the 1.1.2 jailbreak util.
will only work if oktoprep was installed before updating to 1.1.2 with itunes.

I downgrade to 1.1.1, then I Jailbreak it, then I installed OkToPrep, then I went to iTunes (Option Key) update, select 1.1.2 firmware and when it finished there is no "Installer on 1.1.2". I already update to 1.1.2 and downgrade again to 1.1.1 like 8 times. :confused:

Nicky-Larson

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2007
You forgeting to iJailbrak

I downgrade to 1.1.1, then I Jailbreak it, then I installed OkToPrep, then I went to iTunes (Option Key) update, select 1.1.2 firmware and when it finished there is no "Installer on 1.1.2". I already update to 1.1.2 and downgrade again to 1.1.1 like 8 times. :confused:

After you upgrade to 1.1.2, I believe you have done the oktoprep, then you run iJailbreak for 1.1.2. Thats when the installer will be installed after the jailbreak. Thats the line I dont see in you previous statements. Correct me if I am wrong.
But you might wanna look at this link to get all the CLEAR DETAILS

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/386663/

coreanomac

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
Connecticut
After you upgrade to 1.1.2, I believe you have done the oktoprep, then you run iJailbreak for 1.1.2. Thats when the installer will be installed after the jailbreak. Thats the line I dont see in you previous statements. Correct me if I am wrong.
But you might wanna look at this link to get all the CLEAR DETAILS

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/386663/

I have 1.1.1 JB, then install OkToPrep, went to iTunes Option Key select 1.1.2 firmware and Installed, then i run iJailbreak, iJailbreak do his thing. Then my iPod Touch is in restore f-mode. Im getting tired with all these.

Now I have to go all over again, install 1.1.1.etc.. That sucks :mad:

coreanomac

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
Connecticut
I have 1.1.1 JB, then install OkToPrep, went to iTunes Option Key select 1.1.2 firmware and Installed, then i run iJailbreak, iJailbreak do his thing. Then my iPod Touch is in restore f-mode. Im getting tired with all these.

Now I have to go all over again, install 1.1.1.etc.. That sucks :mad:

Ok, Ok... finally! :D.. I run Independece and from out of nothing it went out of restore mode. Yes!

Now what I need to JB to 1.1.3 with Mail, Maps with Position, Notes, Wooble / Reposition ICons?? I want to do this the right way..

coreanomac

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
Connecticut
Ok, Ok... finally! :D.. I run Independece and from out of nothing it went out of restore mode. Yes!

Now what I need to JB to 1.1.3 with Mail, Maps with Position, Notes, Wooble / Reposition ICons?? I want to do this the right way..

Thanks Nicky

Any other way?

Slip

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2007
Wiltshire, England

Stay on 1.1.2 and have all that anyway? ;)
Out of my experience, that's what I would recommend but hey, free country :)

Nicky-Larson

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2007
Yeah

There is the over the air one from installer. It's called Official 1.1.3 Upgrader. U need to have preped you ipod by intsalling the latest versions of BSD Subsystem
and Open SSH on version 1.1.2 and then, make sure u turn screen lock to never coz it would take like 40 minutes or less, and yeah u need to have a good wi-fi connection too. Its that simple. No Computer, no cables. It does it all alone.
Good luck

coreanomac

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
Connecticut
There is the over the air one from installer. It's called Official 1.1.3 Upgrader. U need to have preped you ipod by intsalling the latest versions of BSD Subsystem
and Open SSH on version 1.1.2 and then, make sure u turn screen lock to never coz it would take like 40 minutes or less, and yeah u need to have a good wi-fi connection too. Its that simple. No Computer, no cables. It does it all alone.
Good luck

Thanks to all,

I have already BSD Subsystem & I would get Open SSH tonight and I will do that. I'll let u know.

(That Official 1.1.3 Upgrader came with Wooble / reposition Icons, Mail, Maps with positioner, Notes? -The $20 bundle?-)

?

MurphyM

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2007
coreanomac -

It might help to think of what's actually happening with the steps.

Starting with oktoprep - This sets your device so that it can still be easily jailbroken after applying an official apple update.

When you use iTunes to install 1.1.2 your device can still be jailbroken because you ran oktoprep. Your installer is gone because you installed stock Apple firmware. But oktoprep left a hole so you can get back to JB status. By running a jailbreak of some sort. Many people find this Lifehacker post very straight-forward. I commented on it here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.