Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

byke

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 29, 2007
LDN. UK
While I ultimately would have wanted a 13" MBP , it doesnt seem to be available. So I have been thinking about a MBA .... but I have these concerns.

When the first CD1 MBP came out, I bought one .... and had numerous amounts of issues. The main being electric shocks & a very hot laptop. Both these issues where never fixed by apple, even though I took it back and forth for repair at least 6 times for the same issues , it seems it was a design issue that caused these problems and I was forced to sell it and get a Blackbook.

Now I like the blackbook, but the screen & the keys are a big issue for me.
So I want to sell my macbook and get a MBA, but am concerned that as its a first release of this design that it will have issues similar to my old MBP.

So when someone does receive their MBA please tell me if electric shocks or heat play a key role.

Cheffy Dave

macrumors 68030
While I ultimately would have wanted a 13" MBP , it doesnt seem to be available. So I have been thinking about a MBA .... but I have these concerns.

When the first CD1 MBP came out, I bought one .... and had numerous amounts of issues. The main being electric shocks & a very hot laptop. Both these issues where never fixed by apple, even though I took it back and forth for repair at least 6 times for the same issues , it seems it was a design issue that caused these problems and I was forced to sell it and get a Blackbook.

Now I like the blackbook, but the screen & the keys are a big issue for me.
So I want to sell my macbook and get a MBA, but am concerned that as its a first release of this design that it will have issues similar to my old MBP.

So when someone does receive their MBA please tell me if electric shocks or heat play a key role.

I have devoured every bit of information I could find on the MBA, and no where have I read any of your concerns. My advice, keep reading everything and then go for it

elmo151

Jul 3, 2007
NYC
sit back and wait a month or so. with a few thousand MBA's delivered all of the warts should be evident. You will also be able to get hands on time at your local apple store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.