Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lexus

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 26, 2006
Depends Greatly On The Weather
The new episode of Lost is now on the iTS but there is no option to get a season pass, do you know whether a season pass will be available and if so when?

Thank you,

yoda13

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2003
Texas
I am not sure that they are doing season passes for some shows that have been affected by the strike and thusly are not going to have a full season. I have looked a few times, and though it has not been for a week, the last time I looked at the Sarah Connor Chronicles, a show in the same situation that I wanted to buy, they did not have a season pass option. There are only going to be single digits worth of episodes on Lost anyway, I believe...

northy124

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2007
They do it with other ones as well not just lost. Bear in mind with the writers strike they might not even offer the season pass at all.

design-is

macrumors 65816
Oct 17, 2007
London / U.K.
this isn't strictly on-topic, but what resolution do you get if you buy a lost episode from itunes? is it ipod res, SD, HD 720p?

if anyone knows?

odinsride

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2007
Um, you know you can just go on ABC.com and watch pretty much all of their shows...in HD i might add.

northy124

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2007
SD Quality or slightly lower for the high amount of space it takes up (Movies are not dvd quality and 1.12GB when Divx you can get HD at 578MB-750MB same with tv shows)

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
I was wondering how this would work with shows and the strike. I just bought a season pass to the latest season of Reno 911. It downloaded the three latest episodes, the first being from three weeks ago and the last one from Wednesday. It does makes sense then if there is no season pass offered that it is due to the strike. They can't charge $20 for the season if it won't be a full season.

RumMunkey

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2006
Canada
I was wondering how this would work with shows and the strike. I just bought a season pass to the latest season of Reno 911. It downloaded the three latest episodes, the first being from three weeks ago and the last one from Wednesday. It does makes sense then if there is no season pass offered that it is due to the strike. They can't charge $20 for the season if it won't be a full season.

Good question... I'd like to get "Big Bang Theory", but if there's no more episodes this season I'm better off buying them a la carte.

Anybody hear about this?

brad.c

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2004
50.813669°, -2.474796°
*sigh*

Another Canadian forced to torrent, due to the lack of iTunes availability.

Not me, of course. It was a friend of mine. Just an acquaintance, really. Some guy I overheard on the subway this morning.

Personally, I watched it live, and then went and purchased all merchandise advertised therewithin.

northy124

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2007
Good question... I'd like to get "Big Bang Theory", but if there's no more episodes this season I'm better off buying them a la carte.

Anybody hear about this?

There are going to be more episodes as it was written and filmed before and a little bit into the strike.

RumMunkey

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2006
Canada
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

northy124 said:

Anybody hear about this?

There are going to be more episodes as it was written and filmed before and a little bit into the strike.

oh cool! I'd heard that whatever they had done had already aired (like Pushing Daisies) but I hope there are more "in the can".

Burgess07

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2007
Watertown, WI

I bought season passes for Monk and Pysch before they got pulled off iTunes. I got an email this month from apple and they refunded the episodes I didn't download. I'm guessing they would do the same because of the strike.

bluedevil14

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2006
Washington, DC
*sigh*

Another Canadian forced to torrent, due to the lack of iTunes availability.

Not me, of course. It was a friend of mine. Just an acquaintance, really. Some guy I overheard on the subway this morning.

Personally, I watched it live, and then went and purchased all merchandise advertised therewithin.

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha, that made my day

jmdeegan

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2007
if you bought a season pass of a show impacted by the writers strike, there is still no resolution on how apple is handling those.

I have a season pass for How I met your mother, and was going to get the one for the Big Bang Theory, however since the strike continues, and contrary to a previous poster's comment, neither show has any new episodes remaining in the can I opted to not buy another pass yet, since I still have no idea what they are going to do about my existing and unfulfilled pass.

I suspect a refund/credit will be issued once the strike is settled, or once it's clear there definetly won't be anymore episodes this season. But per the mac support person who emailed me yesterday to update my inquiry, there has been no decision to date on what to do. I think for now, it's a wait-and-see about if the strike will be resolved and the remaining episodes made, or not. I'd guess if you complained enough now, you'd get a refund. Me, I am still hoping to see what I paid for...

northy124

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2007
Download it online sure it will be better quality and have the little ABC HD to the side you at least you get it. if you want help use google and stage6.

But iTunes should seriously step up in getting these eps online though.

Northy124

lostfan916

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2007
NorCal
FINALLY!!!!

Downloading as I type.

Maybe Apple was SOOO busy getting 10.5.2 for a Monday release that they just forgot to update their TV shows. No? Okay...:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.