Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Feb 1, 2008, 11:09 AM   #1
Jimmie Geddes
macrumors regular

Just left Apple Store with MacBook Air

I went to the Apple Store in Short Hills, NJ and picked up my MacBook Air (1.6GHz) and a MacBook Air SuperDrive. I got to the store around 10:15 this morning and bought the 1st MacBook Air, they only received 2 and said they did not expect to get another shipment for a week or two. They had plenty of MacBook Airs on display though. I posted an "unboxing".

http://gadgetsonthego.net/2008/02/ma...-unboxing.html
Old Feb 1, 2008, 11:10 AM   #2
ahaxton
macrumors 6502a

Now why can't any of the 4 stores in Atlanta be like that
I've had morning appointments for like 3 days now lol.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 11:16 AM   #3
NC MacGuy
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahaxton View Post
Now why can't any of the 4 stores in Atlanta be like that
I've had morning appointments for like 3 days now lol.
Or any of the three stores in NC?? Congrats!
NC MacGuy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2008, 11:19 AM   #4
russtic
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes View Post
I went to the Apple Store in Short Hills, NJ and picked up my MacBook Air (1.6GHz) and a MacBook Air SuperDrive. I got to the store around 10:15 this morning and bought the 1st MacBook Air, they only received 2 and said they did not expect to get another shipment for a week or two. They had plenty of MacBook Airs on display though. I posted an "unboxing".

http://gadgetsonthego.net/2008/02/ma...-unboxing.html
git ! ;-) lucky you
russtic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2008, 11:20 AM   #5
drew0020
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC MacGuy View Post
Or any of the three stores in NC?? Congrats!
Damn, nothing in NC yet? I figured with the 2 week delay Apple would make enough of these to have in the stores by now. Oh well...
drew0020 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2008, 11:22 AM   #6
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

They only had 2 in the store? Is this a case of Apple not being confident with their new notebook or that they simply cannot keep up with demand due to high online sales?

It is too bad they don't have the SSDs in store.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 11:26 AM   #7
tersono
macrumors 68000

B*st*rd.....

/me turns green with envy

Enjoy your new machine!
Old Feb 1, 2008, 11:42 AM   #8
whenders0n
macrumors member

weird situation in soho.
possibly they are not telling people that they are for sale over the phone? just called pdx and they have one display unit only (or so they say...but i'm tempted to go in....)
Old Feb 1, 2008, 11:46 AM   #9
NC MacGuy
macrumors 603

Yes, it's weird in every apple way. From other thread:

Short Hills
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrat93
Short Hills, NJ "Has them in the store, but is not selling them till Friday (tomorrow.)"
They have demos in, but have "none in stock." Which from how I read it, actually meant, they have them but weren't yet allowed to sell them. She had implied that as soon as Apple.com lists them as shipping, they would be available.

I am hoping they are available around 12-1PM, which would be 9:00-10 AM in Cupertino.
NC MacGuy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2008, 11:55 AM   #10
Jimmie Geddes
macrumors regular

Thanks. I couldn't believe that they only received 2 for sale, there were so many on display. While I was paying one of the other workers saw I had the MacBook Air and said "you got the 1st one, we only have 1 more." He said Apple was shipping to people who pre-ordered. I definitely thought they'd have more than 2 to sell in the store (it's a big Apple Store), there were alot of people playing with the ones on display.

I can't believe how thin this thing is, it's crazy!!!
Old Feb 1, 2008, 12:40 PM   #11
OceanView
macrumors 6502a

Must be nice. Congrats
OceanView is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2008, 01:16 PM   #12
ViperrepiV
macrumors regular

Quote:
Thanks. I couldn't believe that they only received 2 for sale, there were so many on display. While I was paying one of the other workers saw I had the MacBook Air and said "you got the 1st one, we only have 1 more." He said Apple was shipping to people who pre-ordered. I definitely thought they'd have more than 2 to sell in the store (it's a big Apple Store), there were alot of people playing with the ones on display.

they didn't receive two for sale. they got more. they were just lying because they weren't supposed to be selling them yet
ViperrepiV is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2008, 02:34 PM   #13
onesixeight
macrumors member

Honolulu Update

Just called Ala Moana...None in stock. They said "in a week"...

But I've heard that before and they've gotten things earlier. So I'm crossing my fingers I'll get my paws on a SSD sooner.
onesixeight is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2008, 02:46 PM   #14
Anderson3133
macrumors regular

Quote:

Maybe those were for display, and they felt that they could sell a couple just because...

When has Apple ever just shipped 2 new products to one store in every 600miles
Anderson3133 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2008, 02:46 PM   #15
Jimmie Geddes
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperrepiV View Post
they didn't receive two for sale. they got more. they were just lying because they weren't supposed to be selling them yet
I'm just telling you what I was told. I don't see how they're not supposed to be selling them when they have a bunch of them on display for people to use. I walked in, told the sales guy I wanted to buy the MacBook Air and a SuperDrive. He went to the back room and came out with both, and that's when another Apple employee said they only received 2 MacBook Airs to be sold (I said that was crazy, and the employee agreed because they've been getting calls since the keynote about when they would have them in stock). He said the reason was because Apple was filling orders for people who pre-ordered. Just telling you what I was told. There was no hesitation at all to not sell, there were tons of people and Apple Employees around. Surely if they're not supposed to be selling them someone would have said something.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air