Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MoBurkhardt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2006
Hi there

I have one of the early iPhones that I use in Sweden(Europe) so I need it unlocked and jailbroken. For a long time I was running 1.1.1 on it and was happy not upgrading to 1.1.2 because there wasn't much new stuff in that release.

Now I tried upgrading from my unlocked, jailbroken 1.1.1 iPhone to 1.1.3 via Nate's image file. But at the first restart it kept refreshing springboard and i could not use it.

So I tried to restore it to 1.1.1 using alt-iTunes method and a good image. That left me with a black screen as I recall and I made something stupid and pressed the restore button in iTunes with out the alt so it restored/upgraded me to 1.1.3 "as it was meant to be".

Now I am stuck with that stupid itunes + cable picture on the iphone and when I try to Restore again using alt+iTunes I get the following message:
"The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred(1)"

I have two systems one Inter/win(MacBook) but iTunes doesnt work on windows. And one PowerMac G4 (very old) with iTunes 7.4 and xcode,iPhuc,...
Everywhere I get the same "Unknown error occured(1)"

Please Help.....

MoBurkhardt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2006
thanks that helped... There was one repository though the unlock that iPhone ones that were not where the guide said it wood.

Real happy I even got my phone function back!

Thanks for the quick response.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.