Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DJAKO

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
Michigan
I picked up a 160GB ATV today. When streaming a movie from my laptop to TV it seemed like my laptop ran a bit slower than usual. Is this normal? Something I'm doing wrong?

elmo151

Jul 3, 2007
NYC
I picked up a 160GB ATV today. When streaming a movie from my laptop to TV it seemed like my laptop ran a bit slower than usual. Is this normal? Something I'm doing wrong?

was it an ethernet or wifi connection?

what was the laptop load? try the istat pro free widget.

DJAKO

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
Michigan
was it an ethernet or wifi connection?

what was the laptop load? try the istat pro free widget.
It's on my wireless G network. I've got the istat pro widget. The RAM looked normal, but I'll have to try it again and check the load to see it's reports.

macleod199

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2007

What 'seemed' slower? If it was internet browsing, the load on your network connection could be make it a bit laggy. It would make sense if tasks requiring hard drive access (pretty much everything) were affected as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.