Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Feb 3, 2008, 06:35 AM   #1
ImAliveUK
macrumors member

I Love Apple!!! iPhone dropped in water....

Hey

I was cleaning the floor and my other half phoned - my iPhone was in my pocket and i took it out - and as i whipped it out, it flew out of my had and as i tried to catch it, it fell into the bucket of detergent!!!! ARGH!!! i nearly had a heart attack, like someone had killed my child!!

I fished it out and it was all slippery from the cleaner - and i ran to the tap and rinsed it quickly (about 2 seconds)whilst covering up the holes. May have been silly to do but i guess id rather plain water was in there rather than cleaning detergent.....

Anyway, long story short, i went to apple store about 30 mins later as the phone was doing weird stuff - you could actually see a drip of water slowly going down the screen hitting the buttons as it passed them and activating them, and they replaced it for me!!! I LOVE THEM!!!

:-)

Just thought i'd share :-)
ImAliveUK is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2008, 06:37 AM   #2
JML42691
macrumors 68020

Wow, that is lucky, under most circumstances, Apple would not have replaced a phone damaged by liquid.
JML42691 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2008, 06:43 AM   #3
SFStateStudent
macrumors 604

Send a message via AIM to SFStateStudent Send a message via Yahoo to SFStateStudent Send a message via Skype™ to SFStateStudent
I read in an earlier post...

that you can tell if the iPhone has been water "damaged" by looking down the headphone plug-in port, and if it is white = water damage, and black = not water damaged.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 06:56 AM   #4
ThomasShaped
macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

I thought it was pink for water damage..
ThomasShaped is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2008, 06:58 AM   #5
skunk
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasShaped View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

I thought it was pink for water damage..
You could always run it under a tap to find out.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 07:27 AM   #6
ImAliveUK
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JML42691 View Post
Wow, that is lucky, under most circumstances, Apple would not have replaced a phone damaged by liquid.
Yeah - they said that the couldnt tell - and winked at me!! lol. prob a one off, but i was still very thankful.
ImAliveUK is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2008, 09:41 AM   #7
AMoeini
macrumors member

I am speechless. I had to kill them to replace my computer charger for my iBook G4 with 3 visits because it overheated. But I am extraordinarily happy for you. Keep your iPhone dry!
iPhone within the next few months!
New Macbook sometime this year
AMoeini is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone