Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac Pro

Old Feb 3, 2008, 03:54 PM   #1
fridgeymonster3
macrumors 6502

Directv DVR to Mac Pro transfer

I'm looking to transfer tv shows and movies from my Directv HD Dvr to my mac pro so I can encode the shows/movies to watch on my ipod touch or just to store them on a hard drive to perhaps burn onto a dvd later. I have the new 2008 mac pro and my Directv dvr is a HR21 - 700. I know this isn't the best forum to ask this question, but I have been searching online for answers and have not found any acceptable ones. If you could help with a process or point me to a website that outlines how to do it that would be great.
fridgeymonster3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2008, 05:15 PM   #2
amik
macrumors regular

Check out http://www.avsforum.com/

Tons of good information in the DVR section. I know you can do what you are asking if you use Tivo but I don't believe the Directv DVRs have this capability without modification. I have an HR20 now but I'm ditching DirecTV to go back to cable and use a TivoHD.
amik is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac Pro