Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Feb 4, 2008, 09:51 AM   #1
Siron
macrumors 6502

Anyone Ordered From MacMall

I ordered one from MacMall and they are saying that they expect shipments from Apple on the 8th and will ship out to customers within a week. Anyone else ordered from them?
Siron is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2008, 11:04 PM   #2
happyslayer
macrumors 6502

Just got off the phone with them like 2 hours ago... ordered the MBA 1.8/SSD, SuperDrive, USB-Ethernet and Parallels (free with rebate).

The sales person also said they would get them on 2/8 and ship either 2/8 or 2/9.

Here's hoping he was actually correct!

Good deal since I do not have to pay sales tax through MacMall since I live in AZ.
happyslayer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2008, 10:55 AM   #3
Siron
macrumors 6502

Yes I'm hoping it ships on Monday. I will be getting it before my Mac Pro that I ordered immediately they came out with the new model. I can't wait as I'm a PC user who's switching to a Mac.
Alan
Old Feb 6, 2008, 11:13 AM   #4
Siron
macrumors 6502

Smile It's Ready for Shipment

I just got an email from MacMall and they say that the MBA is in their warehouse and is ready to ship out. Whopee that's two days early.
Alan
Old Feb 13, 2008, 04:53 PM   #5
NormL
macrumors newbie

Anyone Ordered From MacMall

Just curious - has anyone who has placed an order with MacMall for their MacBook Air's received them as yet? If you have, I'd love to know which model and when.

Thanks,

Norm
NormL is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2008, 04:55 PM   #6
Cybergypsy
Banned

Never again, dont try to return it..... you cant
Amazon is much better

Check these out ttp://www.macintouch.com/readerreports/consumerissues/topic2979.html#d26jan2006
Cybergypsy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2008, 05:19 PM   #7
Maui19
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybergypsy View Post
Never again, dont try to return it..... you cant
Amazon is much better

Check these out ttp://www.macintouch.com/readerreports/consumerissues/topic2979.html#d26jan2006
Interesting that those threads are more than two years old.
Maui19 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2008, 05:25 PM   #8
Cybergypsy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maui19 View Post
Interesting that those threads are more than two years old.
There are many more........do you think they got better.....LOL
Old Feb 13, 2008, 05:32 PM   #9
RaceTripper
macrumors 68030

I won't buy from MacMall. They are very rigid about returns. I bought a MBP a week before they were refreshed and MacMall refused to do anything for me. Had I bought anywhere else I could have either returned it for the newer one or gotten a rebate.

When I told them I wasn't going to do business with them one of the salespersons led me along saying she would do something to make up for it, and then just dropped the ball and ignored my further emails. I also had to pester them for my rebates.

Also, check http://www.resellerratings.com/store/MacMall (a reliable ratings site). The rating for MacMall sucks at 2.88/10

Contrast that to Amazon. Last week I bought a Garmin GPS. Today it was $55 cheaper. They refunded the difference to me within an hour of asking.
RaceTripper is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2008, 05:58 PM   #10
fk51785
macrumors regular

I purchased MBA from macmall on Feb 7th and it was shipped yesterday.
I expect to receive it tomorrow.
I also got the free Brenthaven notebook bag and I like it alot.
I thought the bag was gonna be very cheaply made because it
was free but the bag is very good. I'm glad I ordered it.
fk51785 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2008, 06:00 PM   #11
Cybergypsy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceTripper View Post
I won't buy from MacMall. They are very rigid about returns. I bought a MBP a week before they were refreshed and MacMall refused to do anything for me. Had I bought anywhere else I could have either returned it for the newer one or gotten a rebate.

When I told them I wasn't going to do business with them one of the salespersons led me along saying she would do something to make up for it, and then just dropped the ball and ignored my further emails. I also had to pester them for my rebates.

Also, check http://www.resellerratings.com/store/MacMall (a reliable ratings site). The rating for MacMall sucks at 2.88/10

Contrast that to Amazon. Last week I bought a Garmin GPS. Today it was $55 cheaper. They refunded the difference to me within an hour of asking.

I use price drop and if something does drop Amazon does it in a instant
Old Feb 13, 2008, 06:13 PM   #12
RaceTripper
macrumors 68030

Quote:
I use price drop and if something does drop Amazon does it in a instant
What do you mean by that. Is there a feature that gets me refunds automatically on price drops?
Old Feb 13, 2008, 06:19 PM   #13
Cybergypsy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceTripper View Post
What do you mean by that. Is there a feature that gets me refunds automatically on price drops?
yes its a firefox add on....
Old Feb 13, 2008, 06:38 PM   #14
RaceTripper
macrumors 68030

Quote:
yes its a firefox add on....
I only use FF once a week; Safari otherwise.
Old Mar 19, 2008, 07:23 PM   #15
JustMac
macrumors newbie

Terrible!

This is what I submitted to them today in the form of feedback:

To whom it may concern:

I sent feedback earlier today about the TERRIBLE service I received when verifying my order with an agent. Someone from the WI office called me back to apologize for the situation. This helped relieve some of the stress of this whole situation, however today I was contacted by my mother. Days earlier I attempted to verify my order from her cellphone because mine did not receive reception. The woman whom I spoke to put me on hold for over five minutes and I decided to just verify at another time. Today she called my mother's cellphone back- she must have obtained her number through a caller ID. The representative asked for me, and obviously my mother identified herself. The representative my mother if she was aware I was ordering a new computer. My mother had no knowledge of it and informed the representative that her son is 23 and makes his own decisions. The representative then gave my mother a number and asked me to get in touch with her.

RIDICULOUS. This is the most unprofessional conduct I have ever experienced from a verification department. I did my research and it seems there are many other disgruntled MacMall customers. I plan on posting this information on several Apple news boards. I will NEVER recommend MacMall and am happy to say my new Apple computer is on its way from Amazon.

Also, why was I enrolled in some sort of savings program? Does MacMall sell my information?!

Get a clue MacMall.
JustMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air