Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sturob

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 20, 2005
Houston, TX
Anyone else frustrated?

My MBA left Shanghai on 2/2, according to FedEx. It's been in the same status, "LEFT ORIGIN SHANGHAI CN" ever since. I mean, seriously.

Eh, it'll get here. Unless it's been Shanghaied, that is.

So many China references. Hmm. . .
:cool:

Stuart

aiongiant

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2006
give fedex a call if you want real update

it might be casue of the snowstorm there and chinese new year coming up

MazingerZ

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2007
Mine is on that same slow boat. What kills me is that I could just drive over to the Grove and pick up one tonite. I am never preordering again.

You just have to preorder very early is the trick. My MBA got here thursday but I ordered at 10:40am on Jan 15.

sturob

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 20, 2005
Houston, TX
I preordered at about that time (10:40 or thereabouts). Who knows why mine's taking a while.

I just checked, and now it still says it's left Shanghai but won't be delivered until Monday. Boo hoo. :(

Eh, I'll get over it. ;)

Stuart

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Apple typically use expressed airmail, but even that can get tied up in customs.

sturob

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 20, 2005
Houston, TX
Not to ship orders into the US (or within the US); domestically they use FedEx more or less exclusively.

Everything I've ordered from them over the past 5+ years has been FedEx. I hate FedEx, and when I asked the Apple Store online if they'd use another shipper they suggested picking up the item at a local Apple Store, since Apple has some kind of deal with FedEx.

Stuart

queuecipher

macrumors member
Jan 20, 2008
I woke up this morning and saw this on simpletracking:

Timestamp Location Short Description
2/6/2008 5:49:00 PM INCHEON, KR Left FedEx Ramp
2/6/2008 1:50:00 PM SHANGHAI, CN Left FedEx Ramp
2/4/2008 10:53:00 AM SHANGHAI, CN Left FedEx Origin Location
2/4/2008 10:50:00 AM SHANGHAI, CN Pickup status
2/4/2008 10:47:00 AM SHANGHAI, CN Pickup status

Has anybody else have/seen their MBA go through Incheon, South Korea? Any thoughts on where it might be headed now?

kyleen66

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2008
Has anybody else have/seen their MBA go through Incheon, South Korea? Any thoughts on where it might be headed now?

My guess would be that it's being rerouted due to the weather.

But no, I've not seen South Korea.

I'd call and ask where they are sending it to. I'd also wonder if you got the right tracking number.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Not to ship orders into the US (or within the US); domestically they use FedEx more or less exclusively.

Everything I've ordered from them over the past 5+ years has been FedEx. I hate FedEx, and when I asked the Apple Store online if they'd use another shipper they suggested picking up the item at a local Apple Store, since Apple has some kind of deal with FedEx.

Stuart

Apple changes carrier once in awhile (probably due to better rate). Apple was using another carrier (yellow logo) few years ago.

queuecipher

macrumors member
Jan 20, 2008
My guess would be that it's being rerouted due to the weather.

But no, I've not seen South Korea.

So I called FedEx, who fowarded me to the international shipping division, who told me that my item was on a bulk freight so connected me to the international service center, where the lady seemed to know what she was talking about.

She told me that it did indeed leave Shanghai, went through Incheon, and is on the way to Anchorage. Said I should expect my computer on Friday, which seems reasonable.

hotsauce

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
Wirelessly posted (Apple Communication Device: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

Ahh, a happy ending. Sorry, just had to do it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.