Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mroseneo

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 17, 2007
Singapore
Ok you Pages Wizards. I have a question.

I am a student, and when I type a numbered or lettered list in Pages, i cannot copy the bulleting over to any other program. I do a lot of copy/pasting into our student conferences online. The list itself coppies, but the numbers or letters of the list do not copy over.

A. Hello
B. Bye

Just shows up as

Hello
Bye

Copy and Paste works fine in Word, but I would prefer to not use a Microsoft Product. Does anyone know a solution to this. I have tried to select the bullet points, but they don't copy.

Also, does anyone know a way to cancel bulleted lists easily? When I press enter, but want to cut off the bulleted list, it continues inserting bullets. I like in Word how it cuts off the list after you press enter 2 times. Is there any way to fix this, as it is really annoying. Thank you.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
Not sure what you mean by "any other program." Bullets and numbering copies to Keynote. I don't think Word handles this function any differently. The only way around this issue is to not use automatic numbers or bullets, but I'm not entirely sure, because it's unclear what you are attempting to accomplish.

The solution to your other problem is to define styles which reflect the results you want.

mroseneo

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 17, 2007
Singapore
Ok, they do copy over to Keynote, but they don't copy over to any other programs. They don't even copy over to textedit or MS Word. I am talking about the letters. I am copying bulleted lists that I write in pages into a web browser text input box.

As for defining styles, I don't understand what you mean. I am just trying to easily start and stop bulleted lists. Why does Pages just keep putting in bullets or letters on each line when I don't type anything? I just want to end the list simply.

I guess I am going to have to go on to the dark side and use MS Office. :mad:

dmv4

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2010
Copy/Paste numbered list from Pages?

This is an unsolved problem. I would like to make a numbered list in Pages and then copy and paste into a Web form. The work-around is to save as MS Word doc, then open, copy, paste. Anyone have a better idea?

IceLange

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2013
Solved!

Just export as a pdf and copy from your pdf reader and it will bring your bullets along!
Not sure if it works with footnotes etc. though.

skinny*k

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2011
California
... does anyone know a way to cancel bulleted lists easily? When I press enter, but want to cut off the bulleted list, it continues inserting bullets. I like in Word how it cuts off the list after you press enter 2 times. Is there any way to fix this, as it is really annoying. Thank you.

Hit "Delete" before you start typing; that will bring the text back to the margin.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.