Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr.Green

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 3, 2008
EWR
I had to exchange my 1 day old 1.6ghz due to a cosmetic defect with the display bezel, and talking with the Genius and a store manager, they mentioned that the 1.8GHz SSD is outselling the cheaper 1.6GHz HDD nearly 2:1.

My guess is that this might be the early adaptors going for the latest and greatest tech, regardless of the cost.

I wonder if the 1.6GHz will be discontinued like the 4gb iPhone.

ahaxton

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2008
I had to exchange my 1 day old 1.6ghz due to a cosmetic defect with the display bezel, and talking with the Genius and a store manager, they mentioned that the 1.8GHz SSD is outselling the cheaper 1.6GHz HDD nearly 2:1.

My guess is that this might be the early adaptors going for the latest and greatest tech, regardless of the cost.

I wonder if the 1.6GHz will be discontinued like the 4gb iPhone.

There was a $100 difference between 4GB and 8GB. SSD and HDD are two hugely different price points. Right now I can see why SSD is outselling. The people like me who are nuts over this which is brand spanking new are shelling out the cash. As the weeks go buy and stores are fully stocked, I am sure 1.6 will probably start increasing in sales.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.