Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Feb 5, 2008, 10:37 PM   #1
Aperture
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to Aperture
Photo Montage

I've been recruited to help make a few photo collages/montages for the seniors on one of our local sports teams. They need to have the team photo in the middle, surrounded by individual shots of each kid.

I was hoping for some advice on how to go about starting this.. could it be done in Photoshop alone? Do any of you guys have any examples/techniques you wouldn't mind sharing from projects you have done? (Please don't think I'm going to copy you or am asking for free work, I'm simply asking for some inspiration to get started)

I'll probably have it printed through WHCC.. are there any special compression settings/etc I should use for printing a photo this large?

Thanks - Any help is much appreciated!
Aperture is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2008, 09:35 PM   #2
cgratti
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to cgratti
you can do it in just Photoshop. Start with placing the image of the team in the center, then cut out the outer players you want to focus on and place them around the edges.

maybe something like this: http://www.imagemaker4u.com/Proofs/F...on-Collage.jpg

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics