Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sgtboy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 19, 2007
Is it possible to purchase off the Apple canadian store using a Prepaid credit card?

RumMunkey

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2006
Canada
Depends.

If by "pre paid credit card" you mean an actual credit card from Visa or Mastercard that requires pre-payment before you can use it, then yeah probably. Those cards, for all intents and purposes of the accepting merchant (Apple) are credit cards.

If you mean an Interac debit card (tied to your bank account and withdraws funds as you "charge"), then no probably not.

If you have problems, I'd recommend a pre-paid iTunes account loaded with iTunes Gift Cards.

*Any credit card for the Canadian iTunes store has to be tied to a Canadian financial institution though.... you are Canadian I assume?

sgtboy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 19, 2007
Yea i have an interac debit card and its not the same thing. Its a prepaid CC from a local store thats with the largest union bank in Canada, its a VISA as well, but i did phone apple and they gave it the OK, but thanks for your information

RumMunkey

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2006
Canada
Yea i have an interac debit card and its not the same thing. Its a prepaid CC from a local store thats with the largest union bank in Canada, its a VISA as well, but i did phone apple and they gave it the OK, but thanks for your information

President's Choice?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.