Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Feb 6, 2008, 05:46 PM   #1
wvuwhat
macrumors 65816

Ordered mine...

So, I've been eyeing this purchase for a while. I logged onto Amazon and what do I see...40GB's in stock. Figured I'd use my Prime membership and pay the 3.99 for next day shipping. It'll be here tomorrow and I'm psyched... Already got 40 movies ripped and ready to go. Bye bye DVD player, hello Apple TV!

~Jay
wvuwhat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2008, 05:49 PM   #2
dubbed82
macrumors member

i just ordered from amazon too last night. it doesn't look like its shipping anytime soon though, says it'll be arriving Feb 11. has yours shipped?
dubbed82 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2008, 06:21 PM   #3
wvuwhat
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbed82 View Post
i just ordered from amazon too last night. it doesn't look like its shipping anytime soon though, says it'll be arriving Feb 11. has yours shipped?
Mine has shipped and will be here tomorrow via next day service. I have found out that I get things much faster after being a Prime member. The "super saver" shipping option on there is a joke in my opinion. My experience is that the super saver shipping usually shows in 7-10 business days.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 06:28 PM   #4
TrueShotAura
Banned

Nice! Let us know when it comes in and try out the HD rentals.. i wanna know how the quality is
TrueShotAura is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2008, 06:30 PM   #5
dubbed82
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvuwhat View Post
Mine has shipped and will be here tomorrow via next day service. I have found out that I get things much faster after being a Prime member. The "super saver" shipping option on there is a joke in my opinion. My experience is that the super saver shipping usually shows in 7-10 business days.
i didnt realize the free super saver shipping option was also slower to ship items out, i thought that only included the extra travel time. well, that sucks.

edit: just checked the status, it's SHIPPING feb.11, not arriving.. crap
dubbed82 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2008, 06:43 PM   #6
wvuwhat
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbed82 View Post
i didnt realize the free super saver shipping option was also slower to ship items out, i thought that only included the extra travel time. well, that sucks.

edit: just checked the status, it's SHIPPING feb.11, not arriving.. crap
I've got an idea.
Cancel the order you have now...(if they don't let you online, call them)
Sign up for the Prime Membership Trial (make sure you go into your account afterwards and turn off auto renew)
Order another one and it's free 2 day shipping or 3.99 for overnight and you'll have it Friday.

Let me know how it works out. I did the trial and cancelled it after the first month. A few months later I came back and bought the Prime membership after seeing how much I really order and how much more conveinent it is to have items in 2 days for free. YMMV...

~Jay

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater