Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dbell

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 11, 2007
I can get it to work in Safari but not with Firefox, does it only work with Apple apps?

If so... weak.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
I think apps are going to have write support for the multitouch. Unlike two-finger scrolling which is a normal OS function, the function of the other gestures in an application tends to be more specific.

arn

overanalyzer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2007
Boston, MA USA
I think apps are going to have write support for the multitouch. Unlike two-finger scrolling which is a normal OS function, the function of the other gestures in an application tends to be more specific.

arn

That's my thought too, though it makes me think about how some mice with extra buttons have software/drivers allowing for things like forward/back functionality in browsers that works in most if not all browsers. I wonder if the mouse manufacturers in those cases had to explicitly code for each supported app or if there was some easier way of creating global functionality. Either way, it seems like Apple ought to do what it can to enable mapping of the multitouch gestures to non-Apple apps without each application requiring code updates. I think it'd be nice if you could map the gestures to things like Spaces and Expose however you want, just like you can with mice buttons.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.