Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joseftu

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 6, 2007
Or rather, sometimes it works, but only very slowly.

Anyone run across this?

I've got OpenSSH and BSD subsystem installed, I've got the Mac and the iPhone on the same wifi network, I'm using the correct username and password and IP address. I've tried Transmit and Cyberduck both. I've even reinstalled all OpenSSH and BSD, with plenty of restarting.

In fact, I know all that is correct, because sometimes it's working fine--but always slower than it used to be. On some tries, it eventually connects (and I'm not talking about the host keys problem), but then changing directories takes so long that it eventually times out. Other times, it won't even connect at all.

Transmit gives a "could not connect to server" "permission denied" error. But I'm not sure that's meaningful at all. Cyberduck just tells me it's timed out.

Anyone experience this? Nothing has changed on the iPhone or the Mac, but all of a sudden it just barely wants to make an sftp connection. Any ideas?

brando88

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2007

Anyone run across this?

I've got OpenSSH and BSD subsystem installed, I've got the Mac and the iPhone on the same wifi network, I'm using the correct username and password and IP address. I've tried Transmit and Cyberduck both. I've even reinstalled all OpenSSH and BSD, with plenty of restarting.

In fact, I know all that is correct, because sometimes it's working fine--but always slower than it used to be. On some tries, it eventually connects (and I'm not talking about the host keys problem), but then changing directories takes so long that it eventually times out. Other times, it won't even connect at all.

Transmit gives a "could not connect to server" "permission denied" error. But I'm not sure that's meaningful at all. Cyberduck just tells me it's timed out.

Anyone experience this? Nothing has changed on the iPhone or the Mac, but all of a sudden it just barely wants to make an sftp connection. Any ideas?
What firmware are you running, and what version of BSD do you have?

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza

Anyone run across this?

What iPhone firmware you have?

enero@serpico50

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2005
I'm having the same problem!

I'm running 1.1.4 with BSD 2.0 and openSSH 4.6p1-2

Everything worked fine a week ago. Never had any issues connecting through fetch. Now, I keep getting the same "permission denied" error. I have tried this on multiple machines and with different FTP apps. Nothing seems to help. I have tried reinstalling BSD and openSSH.

Anything come about with this? This is really frustrating!

PACMAC

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2008
make sure you on SFTP..and check your iphones IP adress same as the one that you have on your cyber duck...you do have boss prefs installed correct..? thats easy to use and tells your ip adress ..

hope that works

enero@serpico50

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2005
make sure you on SFTP..and check your iphones IP adress same as the one that you have on your cyber duck...you do have boss prefs installed correct..? thats easy to use and tells your ip adress ..

hope that works

Yep, yep, all that, of course :)

I actually figured it out. It was BSD 2.0 Just seemed to stop working, and installer didnt notify me that there was a 2.1. So I reinstalled, and all was well again!

penter

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2006
I'm having the same problem.....

I Pwned my 2.0.1 iPod, and installed OpenSSH
Transmit won't allow me to SSH into my iPod because the of the "Permission denied" error :confused:
I'm sure i have all the imformaton correct, though:

Server: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

User Name: root

Password: alpine

Initial Path: /

Port: 22

Protocol SFTP

What am I missing??

EDIT: So I typed into terminal: ssh root@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
this is what i got :eek::eek::eek:

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@ WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED! @
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!
Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)!
It is also possible that the RSA host key has just been changed.
The fingerprint for the RSA key sent by the remote host is
c3:8e:33:12:64:40:6a:67:9c:f0:32:1e:ba:90:a2:62.
Please contact your system administrator.
Add correct host key in /Users/username/.ssh/known_hosts to get rid of this message.
Offending key in /Users/username/.ssh/known_hosts:1
RSA host key for xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx has changed and you have requested strict checking.
Host key verification failed.

What is this??!! PLEASE, someone help me...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.