Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

geedevalois

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
I created a set of Feist icons for my computer as I enjoy creating icons. I set all the icons for the applications in my dock including iChat. However, when iChat is not selected and I receive a message the icon changes to the original iChat bubble with a "1" or whatever number depending on the number of messages I have received. I would like to be able to edit this away so that it may fit in with my Feist icons.

The only trouble is that I cannot locate the file and therefore cannot customise to my liking.

If you can help me, it is appreciated.

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 939
  • Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    17.8 KB · Views: 915

.adam

macrumors regular
Nov 20, 2007
Right-click on iChat.app, select "Show Package Contents" then go to "Resources" - should be in there?

geedevalois

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
Right-click on iChat.app, select "Show Package Contents" then go to "Resources" - should be in there?

I tried that but could not find the right file? It should be there but I must look harder.

KingYaba

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2005
Up the irons
This is what you are looking for. Though, you can simply select "get info" and copy paste an icon.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    73.4 KB · Views: 87

geedevalois

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
This is what you are looking for. Though, you can simply select "get info" and copy paste an icon.

I found this icon... it is already changed.

I am trying to see if there is a way to keep the Feist icon changing back to the default iChat one when I receive a new message. My mail icon is working fine, but for some reason the iChat does not.

Coletrain17

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2008
Bump? Can anyone help out? I have the same problem. The dock icon changes when badges pop up. Where can we find the like "Alert.png" to change that too?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.