Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Feb 11, 2008, 08:22 AM   #1
X1Lightning
macrumors 6502

Another Fireworks CS3 question

I have a Mini with the Intel 1.8 core duo with 2 gigs of mem, for the last year i had been using fireworks 8, and over the weekend finally updated to CS3, i was expecting CS3 to run alot smoother than 8 as cs3 is universal and 8 is only PPC.

but it does not seem to run any better at all, using the clone stamper was almost unbearable, there was such a delay.... is this the general consensus with CS3? or is it just something with my system?

At work i run CS3 on a dell laptop with the 1.8 core duo with 2gigs of mem and it runs great, i thought for sure it would run better on my mac than it does on windows.......

also how do you keep track of images you have open in the mac version?
in the windows version, you get a tab across the top for each open image.
in mac you can only see the image you are working on unless you minimize them, then they show up in the dock, is there somthing i'm missing here?

thanks
X1Lightning is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2008, 12:00 PM   #2
kitki83
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to kitki83 Send a message via Yahoo to kitki83
I have CS3 version and no I do not have any problems at all running slowly on my Mac Book and Mac Pro.

Might be you need to clean out the previous version entirely before installing CS3. Thats just my theory.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics