Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aanndrew

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 14, 2007
hi im havin problems with wifi
i put in my password and it loads the icon
and then i go on safari and then its goes back to gprs or edge (im on the edge of the conection so it changes)
so basically wifi is conecting to my wonderfull iphone and then when i go on internet it changes :(
why ??

help will be appriciated

samh004

macrumors 68020
Mar 1, 2004
Australia
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

If your wireless connection is dodgy then I guess it is useful it automatically uses edge. Perhaps you should get closer to the base station.

Stampyhead

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2004
London, UK
hi im havin problems with wifi
i put in my password and it loads the icon
and then i go on safari and then its goes back to gprs or edge (im on the edge of the conection so it changes)
so basically wifi is conecting to my wonderfull iphone and then when i go on internet it changes :(
why ??

Didn't you just answer your own question here? If you're at the farthest reaches of the Wifi signal chances are it's not quite strong enough to properly load a web page. Try using your phone closer to the signal source or try using it at another hotspot to see if anything is different.

aanndrew

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 14, 2007
nope i didnt answer my question i was talkin about the edge signal beeing low not the wifi !!
its sorted now it was the wrong password even thou it let me on it :S im confused but hey it woeks now
i really want a macbook !! :apple:

corygreenwell

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2008
Is there a way to essentially block certain wifi signals from popping up? I'm tired of locked wifi hotspots popping up all of the time. Particularly that there is one near my office, so it pops up constantly. Any prevent locked connections from popping up, but that if I wanted to that I could go into settings and grab one if i needed to log into it that way?

-Cory

victry1

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2008
NJ
Nice Website

Nice website-loved your pictures of New Zealand. You certainly get around.:D

outkaste25

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2007
Is there a way to essentially block certain wifi signals from popping up? I'm tired of locked wifi hotspots popping up all of the time. Particularly that there is one near my office, so it pops up constantly. Any prevent locked connections from popping up, but that if I wanted to that I could go into settings and grab one if i needed to log into it that way?

-Cory

Under WiFi settings, disable the "Ask to join new networks" button

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.