Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Angrinkin

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
Hi there,

Just a couple of quick questions for Logitech Harmony owners. I am seriously considering a purchase and just wanted to take care of a couple last-minute concerns. First of all, I use my AppleTV in conjunction with a 5.1 surround sound system and wondered if there is a way to switch over to the AppleTV and turn on the receiver to my AUX channel with the single touch of a button. That is the big question. The other question is whether or not there is an AppleTV icon on the Harmony One or if you can customize icons. Anyone? Thanks!

drumlat80

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2008
Hi there,

Just a couple of quick questions for Logitech Harmony owners. I am seriously considering a purchase and just wanted to take care of a couple last-minute concerns. First of all, I use my AppleTV in conjunction with a 5.1 surround sound system and wondered if there is a way to switch over to the AppleTV and turn on the receiver to my AUX channel with the single touch of a button. That is the big question. The other question is whether or not there is an AppleTV icon on the Harmony One or if you can customize icons. Anyone? Thanks!

Yes; and I'm not sure. I have a harmony without icons, but there is definitely an Apple TV profile in the Harmony software which makes adding it really easy. You'll have an activity labeled "Watch Apple TV" or whatever you want to call it, and pressing that button will switch over your receiver to AUX (and change input on your TV, ect). You have a lot of control over the functions with the harmony software.

kman34

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2007
I had no problem getting my Harmony remote to recognize my appletv and control all of the function (yes, you can customize the remote buttons). When I hit "listen to music" everything switches over to appletv and my volume button controls the volume on my sony receiver.

Works like a charm!

uva25

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2008
I had no problem getting my Harmony remote to recognize my appletv and control all of the function (yes, you can customize the remote buttons). When I hit "listen to music" everything switches over to appletv and my volume button controls the volume on my sony receiver.

Works like a charm!
Same here. I hot the Harmony One and it works great with Tivo and AppleTV.

BoulderBum

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2008
Quick notes:

My Harmony 890 works great, but I needed to manually configure some buttons for Apple TV, and it can definately set the volume buttons to whatever IR source you want while keeping other buttons controlling your Apple TV.

The other thing I wanted to say is that if you're in the market for an RF remote (so you can hide all of your equipment in another room or in a closed cabinet), then Amazon.com has the Harmony 890 for $100 off if you use the coupon code: BNXVL3GI. I think the deal might expire today, though.

jbellanca

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2007
Have any of you been able to get your Harmony for do FF or Rewind? I can get it to chapter skip, but the normal FF/Rew where you hold down the button on the Apple remote I don't know how to set up... any one have a solution?

BoulderBum

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2008
Have any of you been able to get your Harmony for do FF or Rewind? I can get it to chapter skip, but the normal FF/Rew where you hold down the button on the Apple remote I don't know how to set up... any one have a solution?

For me, holding down the button on the Harmony vs. Apple TV remote does the same thing in terms of FF/Rewind.

I remember having to manually set up the buttons, though.

pioniere

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2009
Quick notes:

My Harmony 890 works great, but I needed to manually configure some buttons for Apple TV, and it can definately set the volume buttons to whatever IR source you want while keeping other buttons controlling your Apple TV.

The other thing I wanted to say is that if you're in the market for an RF remote (so you can hide all of your equipment in another room or in a closed cabinet), then Amazon.com has the Harmony 890 for $100 off if you use the coupon code: BNXVL3GI. I think the deal might expire today, though.

what command did you use to automatically switch off the ATV?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.