Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Twe Foju

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 20, 2007
Jakarta
ok, so if you go to Finder's side bar, there are 3 categories right

"Devices", "Places" and "Search For"

so

i accidentally remove the folder "All Videos" and "All Documents" on the "Search For" category, leaving only the "All Images" folder

the problem is, how do i restore it?

i accidentally dragged it out of the sidebar and poof, its gone

now originally, there were supposed to be 3 folders on the "Search For" column, and fortunately, i didn't remove the "All Images" folder

and i tried to get the info of it's Location

and says it's on /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/Resources/CannedSearch

but i cant find Finder.app on CoreServices folder

because i assume they are on the same destination?

anyone?

thanks

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
1. Create a new search
2. Click +
3. Set type to Movies
4. Clear the search name
5. Save
6. Name it whatever you want
7. Repeat 1-6 for different types

Picture 1.png
Picture 3.png

Ilomoga

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2007
There is another way of restoring it. Just go to settings menu of Finder and in this window choose side bar (or something similar, the third icon). There you can check and uncheck elements which should appear in your Finder sidebar (like for example the three All * searches)

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
thanks man!

it's really helpful

thanks again :D:)

No problem

There is another way of restoring it. Just go to settings menu of Finder and in this window choose side bar (or something similar, the third icon). There you can check and uncheck elements which should appear in your Finder sidebar (like for example the three All * searches)

So there is never knew that cheers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.