Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

enddes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2008
Hi,
I was working in flash, trying to get rid of some of the extra frames. I was forgetting that it was shift F5 so I was trying some other "shift F5, Shift Option F6, etc." and somewhere along the way I must have pressed a combo that put a black box around everything that I current have highlighted. Does anyone know how to get rid of this??

enddes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2008
also

I also noticed that know my mac is talking to me. I know this must be a setting somewhere but I have not been successful in finding it

Virgil-TB2

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2007
I also noticed that know my mac is talking to me. I know this must be a setting somewhere but I have not been successful in finding it
You have turned on "voice Over" in System Preferences "Universal Access."

Much Ado

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2006
UK

Well that i can help with :)

Hunt around in System Preferences. If you hit 'speech' there should be a 'text to speech' tab with all the text-to-speech check-boxes etc. under it, and there's similar stuff in Universal Access too, most likely you've got VoiceOver on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.