Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Feb 11, 2008, 02:50 PM   #1
Lycanthrope
macrumors 6502

Which Software to use for house plans?

Hi All

I have scans of my original house plans and I want to adapt these to add on a pergola design to submit to the local planning authorities for approval.

So I'm looking for a relatively simple software that will allow me to basically draw black lines and simple shapes, in fact it's all straight lines except for the corrugated roofing. Black and white of course.

I don't even know what category of software this would be, CAD sounds a bit too fancy...

If I were to do this in Windows I would perhaps even use something as basic as Paint.

Thanks for your suggestions

Dave
Old Feb 11, 2008, 03:04 PM   #2
X1Lightning
macrumors 6502

i used google sketchup to draw out plans for a new house.
http://sketchup.google.com/
its pretty slick
X1Lightning is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2008, 03:52 PM   #3
LeviG
macrumors 65816

CAD is the correct term for what you want to do.

Usually house plans are drawn on autocad (not cheap) so assuming sketchup can do plans (I think it can) its a good option considering its free - especially considering you need to work with dimensions.

Visio might be another option to consider also - although I think there may be more issues with the measurements.
LeviG is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics