Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swiftman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
Does anyone know how to get safari to automatically recognize a URL and have the password and username save.

how can i get it so that when i try to log in to my university network... safari will already have my username and password stored in the blanks so all i have to do is click "login" instead of typing it in everytime.

jasonmac21

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2008
It does it automatically. However, some sites are programmed that you can't store the passwords. Ask your Uni.

TEG

What do you mean it does so automatically? Not one site that I go to saves my user name and password. I have the same gripe as the original posters, that every time I log onto my university network, I have to type in my user name and super log password. My laptop and PC save the form info just fine. This goes for my scottrade account, yahoo, etc. ect. Am I (we) doing something wrong?

BrownManUPS

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2007
Denver
What do you mean it does so automatically? Not one site that I go to saves my user name and password. I have the same gripe as the original posters, that every time I log onto my university network, I have to type in my user name and super log password. My laptop and PC save the form info just fine. This goes for my scottrade account, yahoo, etc. ect. Am I (we) doing something wrong?

No, you are right in saying that you do have to re-enter your passwords everytime a new Safari session is started. I know of no such ability to save passwords on the touch.

Shanesan

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2006
I'm sure that they do this because in case it gets stolen, all your "stuff" isn't vulnerable/impersonated.

However, this is easily countered by the mail program.

So...?

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
I was reading it as Safari for OSX. On the iPhone and iPod touch, passwords are not saved. I've been told a program called 1Password will fix this, but I have yet to try.

TEG

elmo151

Jul 3, 2007
NYC
take a look at 1Password. It solved all my password problems and works on most browsers (and, before you ask, I am a happy user and have no interest in the company).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.