Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Feb 11, 2008, 10:52 PM   #1
reno71883
macrumors newbie

What can i use as a voip headset if i have a 12inch powerbook?

Basically, i have never had a headset before and would like one to use for skype.

if i have a 12 inch g4 1.3 ghz powerbook, do i have any options other than blue tooth?

do they make usb ones on the cheap? what are the second 3.5mm jack on the side of my computer? i know one of them is the headphones output; what is the second one?

thanks!
reno71883 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2008, 10:55 PM   #2
TEG
macrumors 604

Send a message via ICQ to TEG Send a message via AIM to TEG Send a message via MSN to TEG Send a message via Yahoo to TEG Send a message via Skype™ to TEG
The second one is the microphone jack for the computer headsets or other mic. I suggest any of the myriad PlayStation 2 USB headsets, as they work well for that purpose, cost about $15. You could also invest in a Plantronics USB headset (wired or wireless version) but they will cost between $50-$100.

TEG
Old Feb 11, 2008, 11:00 PM   #3
yippy
macrumors 68020

Send a message via AIM to yippy
The second jack is NOT for computer headsets or mics. It is a line in but requires a higher signal than mics/headsets provide and so they won't work without a pre-amp.

Be safe and stick to USB headsets.
yippy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs