Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 13, 2007
NH
Anyone else noticing that CS3 apps, particularly Photoshop, are acting much worse when using Spaces under 10.5.2?

In 10.5.1, when I would switch from the PS space to another, then come back, a lot of times all my palettes would be there...they'd just be blank. Clicking in them would bring focus to them and return them to normal.

Now under 10.5.2, most times when I switch back to the PS space, I see no palettes, and the only way to get them to show up is to go to another space while PS is the selected app, using the CTRL + left arrow, then go back using CTRL + right arrow.

Anyone else having more problems with PS or CS3 apps and 10.5.2?

-Kevin

Phizz

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2008
Dude I am having the EXACT same issue since updating to 10.5.2. The only workaround I have is to hit Tab twice (or F4 in Flash) to force "hide then show" the palettes. My hunch is that there is a bug with the whole fade in/out thingy, in that they are there, but at 0% opacity, and not fading in correctly. If we only there was a way to disable the fading...

It's a pain in the ass.

I see I am the first to reply to your two day old comment (I found your post via Google). Have you had any luck searching elsewhere for a solution or do you think we are in the hands of Apple/Adobe for a fix (yawn).

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 13, 2007
NH
Dude I am having the EXACT same issue since updating to 10.5.2. The only workaround I have is to hit Tab twice (or F4 in Flash) to force "hide then show" the palettes. My hunch is that there is a bug with the whole fade in/out thingy, in that they are there, but at 0% opacity, and not fading in correctly. If we only there was a way to disable the fading...

It's a pain in the ass.

I see I am the first to reply to your two day old comment (I found your post via Google). Have you had any luck searching elsewhere for a solution or do you think we are in the hands of Apple/Adobe for a fix (yawn).

Wow....thanks for the tip (Tab twice). Didn't know about this. It certainly is better than switching spaces.

Wait a pain. Adobe needs to address this.

I have not had any luck on anything else, mainly because I think it's a problem for everyone! :(

Hopefully Adobe will update things soon.

Thanks again for the tip.

-Kevin

ayale99

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2007
I just updated to 10.5.2 last night and am having the same CS3 problem. Any luck finding a solution? This is a major problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.